The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda adjustable height rear spring seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am looking at the Steeda adjustable height rear spring seats for my track day 2011 Mustang GT. It will allow me to change spring rates easily as it accepts standard 2.5" coil over springs. I'm also hopeful I'll be able to use the height adjustment for some corner weight adjustment. I'm currently running fixed length Ford "K" rear springs spec'd at 199.5 lb/in (tested by Vorschlag at 221 lb/in). which has lowered rear of car approximately 1-3/8" (Driver side) to 1-1/2" (passenger side). I want to use either a 200lb/in spring or a 175lb/in spring. I've found softer rear springs allow for increased weight transfer to the outside driven wheel increasing traction off a corner. My question is has anybody used this set up and if so what length coil over spring have you used? I've had recommendations of either a 10" or 12" spring. I'd prefer to order correct length spring first time to avoid hassle of buying and changing springs. TIA

No way a 10 or 12 inch spring will fit in there. I used 8" for a long time and depending on where your ride height is, they might be loose at full droop. I was playing with a 7 inch with keeper last year and it is about right but the adjusters are all the way lowered.

DaveW

racer47

Still winning after 30+ years
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
SE WI
Here is some info...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel