The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Adjustable Rear Camber Arms Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Installed new set today. While the advertising pics on Steeda home page align with as-received kit...the As-received kit is not as shown in the Steeda installation video OR in the instructions.

Inboard joint in the Steeda installation video and in the instructions is delrin halved bushings over a steel tube/sleeve...while most recent rev of kit ships out with steel halved bushings...no delrin or inner steel tube required. Also...vid/instructions show crammed washers at inboard joint...no longer used with most recent rev kit.

Overall impression (aside from vid/instructions - lol): very good quality, easy adjustability, two out of five wrenches on the difficulty scale to install.

Be careful using these Steeda adjustable rear camber arms. The four 1/4"-20 screws come loose even with locktite. Not to mention 2 of the screws only have 3 threads holding them into the aluminum. I ditched mine. I would recommend adding longer 1/4"-20 screws and adding an adjacent fastener to help. Poor design if you ask me.5a29732d6dc5a77b4980b4bc1c9b90c3.jpgbfe1e72656efb4f2f5d5b589e411245c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Sorry...didn't notice lower pic with 18mm installed length :(.

Measured installed length of one of mine...came out at 8 threads/~11 mm.

Slathering all 8 with 262 and will put on the "worry list".

Thanks.

Be careful using these Steeda adjustable rear camber arms. The four 1/4"-20 screws come loose even with locktite. Not to mention 2 of the screws only have 3 threads holding them into the aluminum. I ditched mine. I would recommend adding longer 1/4"-20 screws and adding an adjacent fastener to help. Poor design if you ask me.5a29732d6dc5a77b4980b4bc1c9b90c3.jpgbfe1e72656efb4f2f5d5b589e411245c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry...didn't notice lower pic with 18mm installed length :(.

Measured installed length of one of mine...came out at 8 threads/~11 mm.

Slathering all 8 with 262 and will put on the "worry list".

Thanks.

Thanks for the info guys, I have a set of these heading my way. Hopefully mine have about 1/2" of thread engagement LOL

I installed a set of these for someone recently. I think the OP here has an older kit. Called Brandon at Steeda and asked if there was a running change. Turns out yes - if you bought your kit recently vs. when they first came out, you're good to go. They now use longer high alloy zinc-plated or some such fanciness screws, and I'm told you should use RED Loctite, not blue, and make sure they're tight. He also said, just call Steeda, ask for Brandon and they'll shoot out the new screws to you. No charge. I suppose if you call RIGHT NOW they may be like - uh - but give them a minute to spread the word around that some folks may call with that request. #igotyoufam

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Thanks Wildcat...duly slathered with 262 and torqued to within a mm of their lives.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
FWIW

That 262 is permanent and it's recommended you use a primer. It may take some mighty high heat to loosen it up. Loctite 263 is the new and improved version which does not need a primer.

TMO Supporting Vendors