The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Boss 302 CAI and tunes on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I can't stress enough how impressed I am with this cold air intake. I have seen all the others and they seem like a high school project compared to this CAI I got. The engineering is there not hard to find at all.

Justin said:
I can't stress enough how impressed I am with this cold air intake. I have seen all the others and they seem like a high school project compared to this CAI I got. The engineering is there not hard to find at all.

Steeda has always seemed to be quality stuff. All I wanna know is the end result. Does it make additional, safe power. Can't wait to get the results.

Justin

Tflong24 said:
Justin said:

Steeda has always seemed to be quality stuff. All I wanna know is the end result. Does it make additional, safe power. Can't wait to get the results.
I cant wait either. I am awaiting the tunes via email. 3-4business days I was told today is day 4.

Justin

I couldn't stand it anymore I had to bolt it on. Just going to drive the GF's GT till I get the tune. I removed the sound tube as well.
555938_451265318239378_1121472723_n.jpg

313920_451265381572705_845375464_n.jpg

Justin

gremlinsteve said:
not much into music these days but when i saw that pic i thought of that song they play in the m&m peanuts comercial...im sexy and i know it.
lol when I see I think of sammy hagar I cant drive 55 lol

Justin

Go on & write me up for 125
Post my face, wanted dead or alive
Take my license n' all that jive
I can't drive 55!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvV3nn_de2k[/youtube]

SteedaBrandon

gregaba said:
According to Brandon from Steeda you can load the Steeda tune on the black key but when you use the red key the computer does not know you have added the cai which is bigger and flows more air so you will run super lean at rpm's over 3000 and could gernade your engine.
They are working on a fix right now and expect to have it soon.
Greg
You load the tune on the back key and do not use the red key again unless you have unloaded your Steeda tune and re-loaded your stock tune (AND uninstall Steeda CAI if you have it installed as well).

We personally aren't working on anything like this. SCT would have to be the ones to develop anything for the TracKey side.

Justin

I finally got the tunes today. First thing I loaded the CAM tune.
The lopeyness is slightly more than the TK. It is much more driveable vs the JLP but doesnt sound nearly as cool. The very short drive I took....first impression is:
Drives well no bucking around
No surging
Switches quickly to "lopey idle"
No rpm hang between gears
no ghost cruising in 1st and 2nd (car held 2200 like it was on cruise control with JLP tune)

Now tip in is weak feels dead. and wasnt impressed going full tilt felt like it lost power.

After that I pulled back in the driveway and loaded the reg idle tune.
very nice throttle response its on par with the TK.
I can feel a power increase for sure. It surprised me as I wasn't ready to shift cause it hit the rev limiter quicker than I am used to.
Let off the throttle and still retains that crackle that the TK gives you. Engine Decel isn't near what the TK is but its better than the silver key.

True test will be at the track. I plan to bring the stock intake with me and run the silver key/redkey then steeda cam idle/reg idle with CAI. Then someday down the road I will try to get it on the dyno and test all of those combos again.

So for right now my verdict is:
Cam tunes for show. you will lose some go

Steeda CAI and reg idle tune the better way to go for performance.

I will revise my review after a few days of driving in traffic.

TMO Supporting Vendors