The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Boss Specific Springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

They lower the car .2" in front and .7" in the rear. Stiffer to reduce brake dive and body roll. They state it "will greatly improve your Boss 302's overall weight distribution". So who's going to be the first to try them? Maybe me. :eek:

http://www.steeda.com/store/boss-performance-lowering-springs.html

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Not me! I rounded off the hex on the passenger side strut while installing the camber plates. If those need to come apart, the strut will have to be replaced or I doubt I'll be able to get it tight enough!

Oh well!

ArizonaGT said:
Not me! I rounded off the hex on the passenger side strut while installing the camber plates. If those need to come apart, the strut will have to be replaced or I doubt I'll be able to get it tight enough!

Oh well!
Are you talking about the two bottom bolts that clamp onto the strut? Both of mine on both sides are rounded and I've never had them worked on. I have photos.

Any thoughts of using these springs and lowering the car?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
5 DOT 0 said:
Are you talking about the two bottom bolts that clamp onto the strut? Both of mine on both sides are rounded and I've never had them worked on. I have photos.

Any thoughts of using these springs and lowering the car?

No, I'm talking about the BRASS hex that's integrated into the strut shaft where the damping adjuster is. You need that hex to properly tighten the upper strut nut.

No thoughts about lowering springs, have the Roush coilover setup in the garage already for when I get sick of the stock stuff (so far, so good, though!).

My only question is will the stock struts work properly with the reduced spring height and resulting increase in spring weight and will reduced height put you on the bump stops when the suspension compresses quickly. I've lowered cars and created a situation where the damper couldn't "keep up" with the spring and had use stiffer damper with reduced length.

Always thought Steeda had well engineered products so I'm sure they have thought it through - but I'd still ask the question.

NO…………………..This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it.

Opps I mean……….. damn, well if you do lowering springs, well that shifts the axel off to one side, so now that means an adjustable panhard bar………………and if you lower the front end and now that screws with steering geometry and you’ll need to raise the front roll center back to stock and then that means you’ll also need a bump stop kit……………………where do you stop?????

This makes my head hurt……… that’s why I said it’ll remain basically stock this time around

Options?

Does this .2 inch in front plus the factory drop which is about an inch total screw with the geometry enough to warrant?

What’s the cause and effect on other hard parts?

Any engineers out there?

this sounds like fun, when my car is side by side with a friend's Boss it is already a1/2" lower in the rear and neither of us has had the suspension modified yet, so I wonder how much difference this would make.

I know a guy who has the Steeda comp springs and tracks often. He really likes them. Not an exact comparison, but thought I would throw it out there...

TMO Supporting Vendors