The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda CAI/AED TUNE REVIEW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MA
Well I finally got my Steeda CAI, Lethal Off Road X pipe and AED tunes on the car.

Let me honestly say I come from a line of supercharged cars and wasn't expecting much from these mods.

I was dead wrong.

The car rolls now. Big difference in SOTP. Sounds amazing with the CAI and the X pipe into GT500 mufflers. Recovery after the shift is extremely stout.

I think in good air with a sticky tire this may be an honest 118-120 mph car with just this.

The performance tune drives perfect. Cam tune sounds amazing. I don't know how to post videos from my iPhone. If someone can tell me I'd be happy to post an idle video.

I can say anyone considering a tune should think about AED.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I might spend the money with AED. How long to get your tune? I am still waiting for tunes from STEEDA its been 7 business days I was told it would only take 3-4.

As for the video you can share it with youtube account then copy the url from the youtube website and then click on the youtube icon button above the reply box then paste that link in between that and you should be set

MA
I received my tune from AED in about 4 or 5 days, including it being preloaded in the SCT3 itself. It came USPS.

Nice, I look forward to seeing what it does on a dyno. Does the Lethal Off Road X pipe omit the side pipes?

MA
Yes, the Lethal X pipe does away with the side pipes. I prefer the X pipe sound, but the car does loose some of its 'edge' from the driver's seat. It is much louder outside of the car though. At least my wife said so when she heard me coming home last night.

I don't plan on putting the car on a dyno. Sorry. I have to run some logs for Shaun this weekend, so we'll log A/F (among other things) which I'm certain is fine.

I plan to take it back to the 1/4 mile. That is my "dyno". I have been at this game for a while and can say it feels like around 30-40 rwhp and around 25-30 lb/ft difference with the culmination of the Steeda CAI, 3" off road X, and tune. I know some people frown at "butt dyno's" but I could care less. ;)

SVT1 said:
Yes, the Lethal X pipe does away with the side pipes. I prefer the X pipe sound, but the car does loose some of its 'edge' from the driver's seat. It is much louder outside of the car though. At least my wife said so when she heard me coming home last night.

I don't plan on putting the car on a dyno. Sorry. I have to run some logs for Shaun this weekend, so we'll log A/F (among other things) which I'm certain is fine.

I plan to take it back to the 1/4 mile. That is my "dyno". I have been at this game for a while and can say it feels like around 30-40 rwhp and around 25-30 lb/ft difference with the culmination of the Steeda CAI, 3" off road X, and tune. I know some people frown at "butt dyno's" but I could care less. ;)
Sounds good and that's the HP range Shaun told me to expect with those changes.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel