The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Cold Air Intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marco

proud owner since Friday 30th August
Good Evening

I just have modified my 13' 302 Laguna Seca with the Steeda Proflow Cold Air Intake Kit.

Since then the Car acts really nervous, when i put my feet away from the gas pedal it seems like

the car would like to continuing hitting the gas pedal. They didn't touch the electronic part of the car.

Did or have somebody this experience too ?

Thanks & Regards from Switzerland :)

Product Description

Steeda ProFlow Cold Air Intake Kit for all 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 GT Mustangs with a Manual Transmission.
This high-performance cold air intake effectively opens up the intake system of Ford's new five-liter power plant and allows it to breath much more freely than the stock intake system allows, taking any 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014 5.0L GT Mustang with a manual transmission to the next level of performance.

Features:
- Easy bolt-in installation
- Retains sound tube and factory cold air ducting
- Gains of up to 44 HP at peak
- Power increase at all RPM ranges - not just peak power

To ensure the densest air charge possible, Steeda retained the factory cold air feed ducting from the front bumper and sealed the black heat shield to the hood to prevent any hot air from being sucked in from around the engine compartment. Other manufacturers have chosen to ignore the factory cold air ducting which is key to keeping the lowest air charge temperatures possible in your 2011-2014 GT Mustang with a manual transmission.

Also, a billet aluminum velocity stack and high flow air filter provide a clean, cool, streamlined air charge straight into the engine. This new high-flow "ProFlow" intake tube provides the necessary ports to retain the factory noise tube and PCV tubes. Steeda increased the MAF housing size to 101mm and coupled it to a new higher flowing Pro-Flow inlet hose with their Cool-Tube Technology.

*Requires a custom tune after installation.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
If you did not get a tune for the Steeda CAI do not drive the car. The airflow calibration is way out of wack and the engine will run very lean and potentially cause severe piston/ring damage. Contact Steeda to get one of their email tunes and a SCT X4 tuning device to load it. Sadly about $450 more to get it right. Or go back to stock intake.
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors