The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Cold Air Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I went with Airaid. Ignore positioning of top rubber seal on airbox, pic was taken before I realized it was backwards ;D

AiraidCFParnelliJones.jpg

hey pete i also went with airaid havent instaled it yet its winter here in quebec .just wanted to know the difference compared to stock.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I actually haven"t driven car since I installed it, weather has been too cold here also. I did not do any pre/post dyno. My expectations are that I"ll feel a slightly wider power band at the higher end over 4000 rpm but no significant HP gain. If that's what it really ends up to be then my expectations are met. And it looks damn good too! ;-)

thankyou pete for your input i wont be able to try it till the end of april up here its mandatory to run winter tires till the 15 of april by law so if you get yours out before then please post the differences compared to stock.i was hoping for more torque at lower rpms.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I took her out today on highway for a bit. I can't feel any difference in the high low end but it seems to go from 4000 to 7500 rpm even quicker than before. This is just my perception, I have no data to back it up.

Pete, You might have another chance to take your Ls out again this week with above normal temps forecasted. Big change from last year when our cars would have been in moth balls from Dec thru Early March. The powers that be our giving us rookie Boss owners a window of opportunity this winter.

excellent news pete looking forward to spring.i noticed you have an oil seperator on drivers side did you do passenger side too.i went with jlt passenger side only. by the way where you guys from.

Pete's from Central Texas. ;)

PeteInCT

Connecticut
mustang920 said:
excellent news pete looking forward to spring.i noticed you have an oil seperator on drivers side did you do passenger side too.i went with jlt passenger side only. by the way where you guys from.

1) "HIGH LOW END" should have read just "LOW END" in my last post, that was a typo.
2) I have the JLT's on both engine banks. Passeneger side one gets much more oil than drivers side. Drivers side stays clean when not on the track actually.
3) I am west of Hartford, CT.

302BOB - Yes I keep seeing the weather forecasts for us. I broke my rule today and took her out, I promised myself I wouldn't take it out after they dropped salt after a snow. The roads were totally dry so I broke my rule to test drive brakes after installing GoodRidge SS brakes lines up front (still need to do rears). After two bleeds I still have some air somehow ??? I think I am going to switch to ATE Super Blue (using Motul RBF600 now) and have my buddy use the vacuum pump on the lines. My first drive down the street scared the you know what out of me when the brake pedal went to the floor. Still had brakes, but not like usual. ;D

PeteInCT said:
I took her out today on highway for a bit. I can't feel any difference in the high low end but it seems to go from 4000 to 7500 rpm even quicker than before. This is just my perception, I have no data to back it up.

Pete, Any change in the sound with the new intake?

im about 40 minutes nort of montreal and 1@half from mont tremblant and yes snow blowers are very popular this time of year.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
I haven't got her out on the track yet but I hear no difference so far. The engine response seems better at the high end though.

I have the Steeda CAI & Tune on my Boss, I did not do the Predynobecuse I think we all know those numbers would be between 373 to 393 or so HP, but am going to do the after as soon as I can. I can say there is a big difference in the car as far as seat of my pants it accelerates faster, seems to have alot more power and runs alot smoother as well, I can tell you guy's that I am getting better gas milage as well and that I can confirm from doing the numbers, I am getting some where between 3 to 5 more miles per gallon ( if I can keep my foot out of the gas pedal ) and that is awsome.

I did the numbers with my caculator and as long as I can keep my foot out of it that what it ranges, undtrstand that it depends on driving conditions, your right foot and all the other crazy people out there as well. I will say I do not live in a big city so it is easy driving for me in Oklahoma, If you live in a big city with alot of stop and go driving say like Southern California or any big city you probly are not going to see any thing at all. ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors