The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Cold Air Kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
my cousin has one on his 2012 gt made a huge difference. I would caution you not to get a tune from bama they suck...brenspeed has good tunes as does evolution and lethal.

boss2511 said:
my cousin has one on his 2012 gt made a huge difference. I would caution you not to get a tune from bama they suck...brenspeed has good tunes as does evolution and lethal.

Wow, Not so in my case. I had an 04 Cobra with a TOON from Anderson Ford in Clinton IL. And Im lucky it didnt blow up. It died all the time, hesitated, back fired and driveablility was horrible. Multiple calls went unanswered. So I got the Bama tunes for life and IMMEDIATELY all my problems were fixed. I also had it dyno'd to check their work and to make sure it was safe in all areas. The mail order tune was SPOT on in all areas and I was very happy with them.
I went with JLT intakes and never had any problems.
I guess every case is different.

I had Bama do a tune for my modded '07 4.0 V6 and it was Killer. With the torque tune and my mods I could light em up on dry pavement - 0-60 in 5.5 seconds. Only lost about 1 mpg with that tune. Was very happy with Bama.

Justin

seems like its hit or miss with bama. just do a search on allfordmustangs of bama and see how many threads there are about people complaining about there tunes not making any power and how they made the owners pay to have it put on a dyno three different times until they would do something about it.

SteedaBrandon

Just wanted to point out that we are the only manufacturer making a CAI kit specifically for the Boss.

Also, we do tuning on the Boss as well. :)

SteedaBrandon

CaliMR said:
What are the differences between it and the non-Boss one?
The Boss intake features a different inlet tube designed specifically to fit the Boss, it is larger, and also features a larger MAF housing than the GT version.

Justin

SteedaBrandon said:
CaliMR said:
What are the differences between it and the non-Boss one?
The Boss intake features a different inlet tube designed specifically to fit the Boss, it is larger, and also features a larger MAF housing than the GT version.
is it true that you guys offer tuning with a lopey idle? one more like what ford first had on there videos and not what we have with the trackey?

SteedaBrandon said:
Just wanted to point out that we are the only manufacturer making a CAI kit specifically for the Boss.

Also, we do tuning on the Boss as well. :)
Airaid makes one.

SteedaBrandon

boss2511 said:
is it true that you guys offer tuning with a lopey idle? one more like what ford first had on there videos and not what we have with the trackey?
We offer cam idle tunes for the 2011+ GT.

5 DOT 0 said:
Airaid makes one.
SUPRMN said:
BBK makes one and fits perfect!!
I stand corrected.

I won't comment on the performance of those. Let me just say that our's actually increases airflow enough that you have to re-tune. It comes down to whether you want an intake for show or go. ;D

SteedaBrandon said:
boss2511 said:

5 DOT 0 said:
Airaid makes one.
SUPRMN said:
I stand corrected.

I won't comment on the performance of those. Let me just say that our's actually increases airflow enough that you have to re-tune. It comes down to whether you want an intake for show or go. ;D

would you recommend to go with your tune or a dyno tune for your intake?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
IMHO - nothin against Steeda, but:

Sorry - I'm not buyin' it, especially with the stock 80mm TB unless I see a real Mustang Dyno 'before and after' and some guarantee that any stock Boss will see at least similar results. I also believe that we had it on good source that slapping a bigger TB wasn't going to change much in this engine. I have an AirAid CF - no difference in peak HP to speak of, maybe a wider power band (especially over 4K RPM).

Make me eat my words and I'll sell my AirAid on EBay and put in an order immediately, no problemo.

SteedaBrandon

ihatepotholess said:
SteedaBrandon said:
boss2511 said:

5 DOT 0 said:
Airaid makes one.
SUPRMN said:
I stand corrected.

would you recommend to go with your tune or a dyno tune for your intake?
Of course I would love to sell you a tune with our intake. We have one of the best (arguably the best) tuners in the aftermarket Mustang industry in the country. The best way to tune a car for the absolute most power for your setup is on a dyno. However, for most of your bolt-on street cars that do not have access to, or do not want to spend the money (or time) to have their cars dyno-tuned, our custom tunes are some of the safest and best out there, period.

SteedaBrandon

boss2511 said:
SteedaBrandon said:
boss2511 said:
so you dont offer it for the bosses?
We do not currently offer it for the Boss.

Justin

SteedaBrandon said:
boss2511 said:
SteedaBrandon said:
boss2511 said:
do you plan too?

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
SteedaBrandon said:
boss2511 said:
SteedaBrandon said:
boss2511 said:

I retract my statements - thought you were talking about the Boss.

-Pete

TMO Supporting Vendors