The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

STEEDA HANDLING PAK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

"DO NOT BUY STEEDA STAGE 2 OR STAGE 1 SUSPENSION PAK" it is no good the springs are all wrong the caster/camber plate will not set flat when it is all put back together and the bearings are left exposed do to the angle. THIS is one messed up kit and they say they will not sell any thing untill it is fully tested yeah right and they are giving me the run around as well the box the springs came in looks like it had been opened some where along the line, you could see where the box had been cut where the tape was put for shipping. And of course they went home like nothing had happened, all that happened is I wasted $1159.95 on a suspension pak that is no good and my car sits on a rack and race day is coming great just great. TAHNKS STEEDA. :mad:

OK, I moved this here to off topic. I understand you may be upset with a transaction from Steeda but the way you posted did does not leave us with reliable info, more just your opinion. Do you have pictures of the parts not fitting together? How is everything "all wrong" That says a lot, no? Do you have a link that shows the parts listed by Steeda and then they do not? I have these and many more questions about your post.

FWIW - This site does not take any advertising money from Steeda. I personally do not use Steeda parts on my car.

OK, my question is why move it if you do not take money from Steeda, is this not what a forum is for is to state when some thing is wrong or when it is right. It's not that I am mad that I posted what I did, I have other Steeda products on my Boss that work just fine. Steeda is claiming that this is a graet product and it is not, I do have pictures I just have to get them from my shop that is doing the install and yes they do and have installed steeda products for a long time. they put my CAI and Tune from Steeda on my Boss and I love it, but this Handling Pak is a flub and I did not want any body else making a bad investment of a bad product, will post picturs as soon as I can get them from my shop.

redhotboss444hp said:
OK, my question is why move it if you do not take money from Steeda, is this not what a forum is for is to state when some thing is wrong or when it is right. It's not that I am mad that I posted what I did, I have other Steeda products on my Boss that work just fine. Steeda is claiming that this is a graet product and it is not, I do have pictures I just have to get them from my shop that is doing the install and yes they do and have installed steeda products for a long time. they put my CAI and Tune from Steeda on my Boss and I love it, but this Handling Pak is a flub and I did not want any body else making a bad investment of a bad product, will post picturs as soon as I can get them from my shop.

Wouldn't it make more sense to first talk to someone at Steeda before starting a rant on this forum? I haven't bought any of their products yet but from what I read everywhere they seem very dedicated and friendly people so if you have some sort of issue I'd think they'll sort it out for you?!

Just a thought...

We do not take any advertising money from anyone. Nothing wrong with being unhappy with a product and posting about it but we'd like to see some evidence. If you just rant and rant with nothing to back it up then we become just like all the other Mustang websites. Please keep your post factual so others can clearly see what you're unhappy with.

OK first to TheMarco did you not read what I wrote I did talk to Steeda, as well as the car shop who was doing the work on my car they have a long standing with Steeda and Steeda acted like it is nothing, these guys have been building and racing Mustang's for years and know what they are doing, their cars have been in Hot Rod Mag, MM&FF as well as other Mags out there you don't get that kind of atitition if you don't know what you are doing, so yes TheMarco we both talked to Steeda.
To 5 DOT 0 yes, I hear you I am not just trying to rant just for the sake of ranting I will get the pictures today and try to get them posted so that you can see, they also sent the pictures to Steeda as well and even though I know it was Friday they said oh well we will try to get to it on Monday, Monday is three days to race day here in Oklahoma and this is my last chance to go and do a little racing, before I go complety BLIND so if this was happening to you would you not be upset just a little, I think you would be at least a little upset if you were not I don't think you would be human. I just wanted to save other's from a bad buy of parts for there car's that's all, some one was asking about the Steeda Suspension products on the forum. I have other Steeda products on my car and love them so I am not trying to blow them out of the water " not that I could any way " they are to big for me to fight I just wanted people to know and to be careful. ???

5 DOT 0 yeah I take that I am not the frist one to complain, but it looks like no races for me so all is a loss for me.

Redhotboss, you are correct about posting on the forum if something does not fit or work correctly on the Boss. However the way I read it I see no facts to back up what you are saying, just an angry customer. I have no reason to protect Steeda since I do not use their parts and this site have nothing to lose. I moved it because you say things like the parts are "all wrong" "messed up kit" "giving me the run around".

I have nothing against you or other site member and if all this is true I will back you up on a more clear post explaining the problems for all to see in the other section. Please explain in detail what is not working and if you tried to install it differently after talking with them. Also please explain what Steeda actually told you beyond a run around. We want this site to stand out as the best Boss 302 forum, people don't come here to read rants without all the facts posted. I do not mean to offend you since we have all been in your situation but help us by posting better details.

I have always thought aftermarket companies were able to push the performance boundries further for obvious reasons. But it seems that FRPP and factory Ford for that matter may be reversing this trend. Based solely on the reviews from this site it sounds as if you get factory engineering and fit, combined with race performance, and a good price from FRPP. How could you go wrong with that. ;) Well maybe multimatic for you guys without budgets. ;D

SMACK78 said:
I have always thought aftermarket companies were able to push the performance boundries further for obvious reasons. But it seems that FRPP and factory Ford for that matter may be reversing this trend. Based solely on the reviews from this site it sounds as if you get factory engineering and fit, combined with race performance, and a good price from FRPP. How could you go wrong with that. ;) Well maybe multimatic for you guys without budgets. ;D
Bingo ;D

Been wanting to say that myself. I am lucky to live in FL where two Grand-Am races and WC compete also. I have looked into what the race teams use, had the opportunity to speak with people from FR and see what other knowledgeable site members are using. All that combined has lead me to stick with companies that not only test but prove their parts on the race track. I have made mistakes myself buying parts not up to the task but I am learning.

2012YellowBoss said:
SMACK78 said:
Bingo ;D

Been wanting to say that myself. I am lucky to live in FL where two Grand-Am races and WC compete also. I have looked into what the race teams use, had the opportunity to speak with people from FR and see what other knowledgeable site members are using. All that combined has lead me to stick with companies that not only test but prove their parts on the race track. I have made mistakes myself buying parts not up to the task but I am learning.
I'm with ya on this too.

OK, I put my stock parts back on so I will be able to go racing thank God, as far as every thing else I will have to waite until I get the pictures so I can post on here, I can not explain I guess clear enough for you all to understand. the front struts when you take them apart you have to compress the spring to loosen the nut on the caster/camber plate to get the strut out, reverse order you put the new spring in the compreser and compress it you put the strut up through the spring till it rest on the spring cup you slide the caster/camber plate on and trouqe it down if done right right the caster/camber plate should sit flat on the spring it does not it is sitting at about a 45 degree angle leaving the bearings exposed inside the caster/camber plate. Thats the best I can do until I get the pictures from the shop, I am trying to explain so all can understand.

OK, I was not at the shop when they put every thing together, I did see the pictures, as well as did Steeda, the shop is getting them printed for me as I am typing this post. I can say that where all stands at the moment is Steeda is sending new springs and are going to work with the shop to get this fixed for me, but will be after race day. At least I am back to stock at the moment and will get to race, but none of us really know's at the moment who fualt it really is, all I can say at the moment is putting my post here in the padock was the correct move by the moderator's, I am not saying that I am wrong just saying it was the right move. The only other thing that I can say is some thing is wrong some where and I know that things can go wrong even if you have the best engineers in the world, how do I know this you might ask I am a Cheif Quality Control Inspector I work with blue prints and mics, calipers, CMM'S, height gages all day long to messure parts and have seen things go wrong even though every body said no way that can not happen, well it can and does happen regradless of how hard we try, we are only human and do mess up even the machines that we use some times mess up and it is not even us. Lastly and I will not post again on this subject until I get the pictures, is at least some thing is being done and I still belive in Steeda I love there CAI & Tune for my Boss, Thank you Steeda.

redhotboss444hp said:
OK, I was not at the shop when they put every thing together, I did see the pictures, as well as did Steeda, the shop is getting them printed for me as I am typing this post. I can say that where all stands at the moment is Steeda is sending new springs and are going to work with the shop to get this fixed for me, but will be after race day. At least I am back to stock at the moment and will get to race, but none of us really know's at the moment who fualt it really is, all I can say at the moment is putting my post here in the padock was the correct move by the moderator's, I am not saying that I am wrong just saying it was the right move. The only other thing that I can say is some thing is wrong some where and I know that things can go wrong even if you have the best engineers in the world, how do I know this you might ask I am a Cheif Quality Control Inspector I work with blue prints and mics, calipers, CMM'S, height gages all day long to messure parts and have seen things go wrong even though every body said no way that can not happen, well it can and does happen regradless of how hard we try, we are only human and do mess up even the machines that we use some times mess up and it is not even us. Lastly and I will not post again on this subject until I get the pictures, is at least some thing is being done and I still belive in Steeda I love there CAI & Tune for my Boss, Thank you Steeda.

After all this you did state you love Steedas CAI and tune. I have been thinking of getting both, so you do recommend those and did see a good HP gain?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
I would also like to know what the outcome was with the steeda parts. I did not buy the steeda springs but I did buy the caster camber plates to mate up with eibach sportline springs. Do I have anything to worry about with the springs and camber plates? Your feedback would be much appreciated.

Hi to every one out there, I am so sorry that it has taking me so long to get back on and to update about what happened with my stage 2 handling pack from Steeda. It seems the problem was with the shop and not with Steeda no one in this area had worked on the Boss and the suspension system when I started this upgrade, the shop would not listen to Steeda and had there heads up there @$$ once they started listening to Steeda the caster camber plates worked fine. So to say the least I have found a new shop to work on my car even though they have all these acalaids I think they are more interested in the money rather then giving there customers good service. A BIG HEART FELT "I AM SORRY" to Steeda. And no the shop would not release the pictures that is what finally clued me into the fact it was the shop and not Steeda who was at fault.

redhotboss :D

TMO Supporting Vendors