The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda heavy duty engine mounts - yes or no?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing great.

I have a set of Steeda heavy duty engine mounts (https://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-engine-mounts-555-4005.html) ready to be installed, however I'm not sure installing them will be the right thing.

I could not find enough useful information if they will do more harm than good. I read that they will transfer more vibrations and nvh to the inside of the car, especially during idle.

The Mustang in question is a street car with a mild suspension build (eibach/bilstein springs and shocks, eibach roll-bars, gt500 front and rear control arms etc). It does not see track time. However it is driven hard on weekends in specific driving roads.

Do you think there are any gains to be made when installing the Steeda engine mounts on this car? is there any chance to even notice the improvement on the street, or is it absolutely unnecessary for this type of car/driving? How bad are the vibrations from your experience, using the softer red bushing?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Unnecessary for what you're doing and all you'll gain is noise and a possible new headache. These red mounts are known to degrade badly and deform from engine heat. Do a search and you'll find some other threads on them. BMR mounts are kind of the go to around here, but also likely unnecessary if you're not going to the track.

ChrisM

Mostly harmless.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
South Carolina
My Steeda mounts have degraded. There's not really a reason to use them if you're sticking to the streets. There's probably not much reason for amateur track days either unless you're competing...but when has that ever stopped me?

My Steeda mounts have degraded. There's not really a reason to use them if you're sticking to the streets. There's probably not much reason for amateur track days either unless you're competing...but when has that ever stopped me?
What difference did you notice after installing them?

I have the Steeda mounts with the red bushings installed for about a year now on a 2008 Mustang GT. I did notice a small increase in NVH, but also noticed a nice improvement in the shifter. I had already installed the MGW shifter a couple of years ago, so the motor mount improving the shifter feel was an unexpected benefit

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
I might be running into issue with mine.

What would you all recommend to buy then?
Go straight to Watson Racing and get the solid steel/lowering mounts. Only car I would advise against doing that is a flat plane GT350. Actually go to CapaldiRacing.com Leo can probably get them for you at a little discount.

TMO Supporting Vendors