The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda radiator support weight

Does anyone know the weight difference between the stock radiator support and the Steeda radiator support??

Also, is there a cheaper alternative to the Ford tubular bumper support?? Anyone use the bumper support?? Again what is the weight difference? Is there any fitment issues like the bumper cover being loose??

Has anybody run these with a stiffer front seat bar? I like the weight savings for the price but not if I can't actually use a sway bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Black Boss said:
Bumper bar is worth 10lb if you have the LS splitter bracket installed.

Did you weigh out the parts? I should have weighted everything when I did it but I guessing it is more then 10 pounds.

FR said it was six pounds on the bumper itself. Then you lose the splitter bracket which should be more then four pounds, mine felt like more. We did weigh the M-17757-MB bumper bar and a factory bumper, it was six pounds lighter and the factory bumper used was modified by removing the square plates that attach to the frame.

YellowBoss said:
Did you weigh out the parts? I should have weighted everything when I did it but I guessing it is more then 10 pounds.

Yes, I weighed the OEM Bumper, Foam, and Splitter Bracket and subtracted the FRPP Bumper Bar and Tow Hook -- just over 10lb -- I rounded down.... The OEM Bumper beam is surprisingly light.

The good news is this weight reduction is as far forward as possible.

TMO Supporting Vendors