The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Rear Seat Chassis X-Brace - 05-13

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteedaBrandon

Steeda Rear Seat Chassis X-Brace - 05-13 - $299.95

Let me know if I can help you with this!

8007171009_a8674b6e6a_z.jpg

This brace installs in the chassis area between the rear wheel wells behind the rear seats which effectively couples this part of the rear structure together to increase chassis rigidity.

The reduced deflection allows the rear suspension to be more effective at doing its job.

Manufactured in house from chrome moly alloy steel tubing and mild steel brackets. Powdercoated silver with a billet aluminum center cover plate for a great appearance. Bolt on or weld in installation.

Note: Requires removal or rear seats. Custom rear seat delete or Boss 302 delete panels recommended.

Product Benefits
  • 4130 Chrome Moly Design for Hardcore use also
  • Better handling for more stable cornering
  • Helps prevent and elimintate sqeaks and rattles

Do you have any photos of the back side of the brace?

Sesshomurai

Second look at the picture and those upper brace<->bracket joints look a bit flimsy to me, like they're just looped in and not welded. Are they designed to flex in/out of those upper brackets?

SteedaBrandon

CaliMR said:
Do you have any pictures of how the pipes connect to the brackets?
5 DOT 0 said:
Do you have any photos of the back side of the brace?
I will check with our webmaster and see if we have any.

darreng505 said:
Second look at the picture and those upper brace<->bracket joints look a bit flimsy to me, like they're just looped in and not welded. Are they designed to flex in/out of those upper brackets?
The brackets are twice as thick as the Ford X-Brace. The brackets are welded to the pipes.

SteedaBrandon

Nothing of the back at this time. Here is a cropped photo to show a closer view of the brackets:

img5365cb.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors