The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Shifter Base Bushing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have that along with the Steeda shifter. I think it helps alot as far as taking slop out of the factory shifter. Once you see the factory bushing, you will see a big difference between the two.

The stock rear shifter bushing/bracket is total crap, and is the main source of shifter balkiness in our cars. The Steeda bushing/bracket, which looks pretty similar to the Barton bushing/bracket I have in my Boss, should work great... my Barton bushing/bracket completely eliminated the shifter hanging up between gears on high RPM shifts. Shifts just fine now. Highly recommended mod.

I will be installing this piece within the week. Like stated in the 2 previous replies, it has to be better than the flimsy stock bushing/bracket. It may not work miracles, but the stock piece must go.

TMO Supporting Vendors