The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Shifter Bracket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you're referring to just the bracket no you don't need remove anything but the stock bracket. Post a link to the part you're installing if you have any other questions so we know exactly to what you're referring to.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
http://www.steeda.com/steeda-mustang-shifter-base-bushing-555-7090

Here's what I have I just don't have the room to push the bracket on the bushing.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
That's what I thought but there's not enough to push the bracket on the bushing. The aluminum bracket hits the driveshaft when I go to put it on.

Did you try putting it through the passenger side? I remember the pass side had a little bit more room.
you can rotate the bracket so its parallel to the driveshaft, that should give you alot of room.

I never had issues shifting my 12' GT with MT82 and rowed through the gears for 40k miles. My Boss seems doesn't seem to like high rpm shifts, but not sure which way to go. I have read a lot of reviews saying that this bracket is a big improvement. I will look forward to your feedback.

13-2701 said:
I never had issues shifting my 12' GT with MT82 and rowed through the gears for 40k miles. My Boss seems doesn't seem to like high rpm shifts, but not sure which way to go. I have read a lot of reviews saying that this bracket is a big improvement. I will look forward to your feedback.

high RPM lockout is your clutch.

I understand that but also have a little nibble here and there as well. I heard this significantly improves that .

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Long over due update. Got it in had to lower the two bolts in the driveshaft and it went straight on. Pleased to report as of right now no lockout in high RPM shifts and shifter feels great. I'm using the black bushing and almost no nvh increase.

TMO Supporting Vendors