The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda shows up for the last SCCA Tour Event of 2021 !

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Wanted to give a shout out to Steeda for coming to the last SCCA Event with Peyton Weber ( Videographer ) shooting promos at the Event and Chris Cervenka ( E-Commerce Mktg. Director ) competing in CAM C. Since the event was held last Sunday I did not want to post under events , but I thought it worthy to mention some folks who were running Mustangs and laying down some solid times. I drug my son's EVO 9 down to Moultrie , Ga. and started having some tranny issues around St. Joe , Mo. , but thankfully hours later in Kirkwood , Mo. a stop at Solo Performance Specialties ( shop owned by DaveW member here on TMO ) helped clear my engine light and verify the issues I was having. It seems like being a member here often pays off for me , because friends are willing to jump in and give assistance when many of us are in need. Though Dave could not fix the situation his advice on how to proceed was invaluable --- the proof was I made it to Georgia and then back to Cornland! Dave Whitworth works his Store on wheels at many SCCA and NASA site , providing tire support, race equipment and accessories , and he competes his CAM C Mustang in whatever Class offers him the easiest ability to work the Support Store. He ran C Prepared at this event , with a time good enough to win CAM C, though he was on Hoosiers. Folks are often amazed at how well he does in his CAM Stang when it seems the schedule means he might benefit running in C Prepared. His wife Liz also ran and seeing the SPS Trailer pull up to an event always means drivers will have help with tire repair, dismounting , sales and more. I even found a fuel jug that would fit under my truck's cargo cover as the one's I have are too tall and cumbersome.
CAM C was a good contest with Robert Atkins ( National Champion in CAM S ) co-driving James Thomas's 2016 GT 350 to a solid win, with Chris Cervenka of Steeda piloting his 18 GT350. Solid competition in this Class as James Thomas is a fast talent, often competing in the Ultimate Street Car Challenge. Part of the reason I really wanted to comment on Steeda's presence was the high standard of respect and compliments both Chris and Peyton gave to James on his Mustang set up. I personally appreciate folks who work for companies who do mods for various cars who show integrity and class when competing against cars using other products. I know I was not the only one who noticed the respectful attitude the Steeda guys gave others there. Many on here use their products and those representing Steeda at this event demonstrated being classy competitors.
Lastly a shout out too Cindy Duncan ( prior National Champion in the Ladies Class ) for not only winning F Street Ladies but posting a time that would have been the Winning Time in the Open Class.

The pavement at Spence Airfield ( concrete laid in 1941 as a WW II Army Air Field ) is pretty damn sticky, so those wanting to hit a National Tour late in the year will find this event in Moultrie , GA. is already on the calendar for Dec. of 2022. Oh, yeh, my son whipped up on me in his EVO 9 as well as placing 8th out of around 125 participants in the PAX index. We both had fun and found a restaurant in Tifton, Ga. ( Charlie's Seafood ) that needs to be on Diner's , Drive Ins, and Dives. Plastic plates, forks, spoons, and knives , with styrofoam cups lend to the ambiance of the 1970s decor, but the food is killer and ...............cheap!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel