The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Vented Hood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey Everyone,

First of all, I hope this is in the correct place.

I'm looking for input on this Steeda "functional" hood. The vent looks and is positioned similarly to the GT500 Hood.

The biggest reason I'm interested in it is because I could potentially mod my stock hood the same way.

http://www.steeda.com/steeda-q-series-10-12-mustang-hood-307-q2010/

LERCH

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
I don't have any input on that other than it looks like you could easily modify your stock hood to be like that.

If you want to spend $800 on a hood, I highly recommend the Tiger Racing super louver hood.

Alternately, you could also install a 2011 GT500 vent into your existing hood, or add louvers from Trakspec.

I understand it's just a '10-'12 hood with a vent cut in it.

I guess more importantly, what is everyone's thoughts on the vent placement?

LERCH

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
Good place to vent air from just behind the radiator. Not the best place aerodynamically, right in front of the fake cowl bump. IIRC, there's also a fair amount of structure underneath to cut in front of the bump. Might be a bit awkward to cut there.

TMO Supporting Vendors