The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda Wing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think their might be more than one thread about this wing, but I guess this is as good a place as any. Since I have one of these wings (still unmounted), I have often wondered about these mysterious shims needed for proper fitment. There are very few pictures or details about them, with only a hint that they are available from Multimatic. But I remember seeing one post from someone who claimed Multimatic wouldn't sell the shims to him and he had to get his body shop to make them. So, what did I learn this weekend at the COTA Grand-Am race?

DSC_0090.jpg

1. They are made out of metal. By their sound and weight, I think the are made of steel. I thought for sure they would be made of plastic or other polymer, like Delrin.

2. They cost $150 (quote from a Roush mechanic not directed to me), from whatever their source.

3. They may be for a wing, but they sure aren't aerospace spec pieces. They look like two steel blanks that somebody hit with belt-sander and a drill. I think most of that $150 was for shipping.

4. They are functional in that they are used to add height and maybe rake to the wing. The reason I saw one of these fall out onto the back glass, is because the mechanics were removing them for the race. COTA is a very fast track and I'm guessing that on that day, they opted for less downforce and more speed.

shims.jpg

With and without shims.

I will be making my own shims and will post a how-to, when I do. ;)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel