The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steeda X Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I dont know many people that have this part but it shouldnt creak unless something is loose or there is movement. Is yours welded? If not double check all the fasteners but it may have come loose or ob-longed the upper mount holes. I think this brace is probably ideally a weld in piece.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Back in the day, I looked at the Steeda X Brace. After looking at its attachment points, I just didn’t know if it was enough to actually strengthen the rear chassis or not.

As for the squeak, I’d blue locktite all the fasteners then reinstall & torque to specs.

Let us know your fix. Tks

I had the Steeda bolt in brace in my 2012 Boss 302. Also the Watson bolt in half cage. YES you will get that creak and NVH from it.

I had the Steeda bolt in brace in my 2012 Boss 302. Also the Watson bolt in half cage. YES you will get that creak and NVH from it.

What have you experienced with it? Do you think there is a noticeable stiffness while regular driving? I only notice the creek turning into my driveway. It was creeking while driving but that stopped when I tightened it.

TMO Supporting Vendors