The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Steering Wheel Centering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sadil,

great info. I too installed the LCA brackets, but not the Watts link, and noticed that my steering wheel is tilted counter clockwise a few degrees. I plan on returning to stock to see if my steering wheel returns to center once i return form this deployment this winter. I haven't replaced anything else suspension wise.

Moving on to the real reason I am replying. I noticed on your alignment printout that the rear toe was changed. The left rear changed 0.05 dg, and the right remained the same. Did you notice/discuss with the tech? just curious.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
tmiit71 said:
Sadil,

great info. I too installed the LCA brackets, but not the Watts link, and noticed that my steering wheel is tilted counter clockwise a few degrees. I plan on returning to stock to see if my steering wheel returns to center once i return form this deployment this winter. I haven't replaced anything else suspension wise.

Moving on to the real reason I am replying. I noticed on your alignment printout that the rear toe was changed. The left rear changed 0.05 dg, and the right remained the same. Did you notice/discuss with the tech? just curious.

0.05 dg is mostlikely within the the margin of error for the machine. Not to worry.

As TMSBOSS said, nothing was changed back there. So I think it was just the machine. Before re-installing the stock parts, id make sure everything is installed properly. Also make sure to ask the manufacture what the stock length should be. This is why I love doing business with Cortex. Filip the owner is all about the numbers, and I can talk suspension set-up with him in detail. The cortex lca's are supposed to be adjusted to 18.25 inches as a baseline.

The only concern I had from the alignment was the 0.1 thrust angle, is that significant or negligible? The whole alignment thing has got me second guessing my steering now. I always think its veering but it actually doesnt. Might also be my 22500 km pzeros acting up.

knowing that only the front was adjusted, i was curious if it was noticed. But I agree, it could mostly be the machine, or the head got bumped or the hold-downs, various of reasons that could have shifted the reading to the left. :)

Ive got 3,300 on my Pirelli's so I didn't count them as a factor. but when I return from this deployment, I'll remove the reloc brackets and check it out.

Thanks for the info everyone...

Dave

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel