The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stick with the LS or jump ship to a 350R? That is the question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
I think there will always be an itch for the latest toy from Ford Performance among the Ford enthusiasts, barring another "kill all muscle cars" oil crunch or whatever like we saw in 1974. That itch for the GT350R will likely be replaced by an itch for the GT500 I saw in the wings (I thought), and eventually whatever comes after about 2021 in Mustang styling and whatnot in the newer chassis/redesigns. The 5.0 in its basic form will be an aging block, but I also see that Camaro has no planned future for the Camaro beyond 2023, so this whole "beat up GM" thing might lead to stagnating performance if we don't have competition?

Just thinking out typing. Consider how fortunate you are to be in a financial situation where you are able to choose!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Yea.....No.

Will there be dealers asking $40K ADM, certainly. They will likely have one allotted for the year and want to get max dollars and or they will want to hold the car as a leader.

Will there be MSRP deals on the 500? Yes, you will have to search for them. I know a salesman who bought allotments for the GT 05-06 version from dealers who could not sell what they had. Mostly Northern farming community stores that just could not sell their cars. Both parties made money. The dealer with the original allotment would have been happy to sell direct to an out of state client. Search and you shall find.

Yea.....No.

Will there be dealers asking $40K ADM, certainly. They will likely have one allotted for the year and want to get max dollars and or they will want to hold the car as a leader.

Will there be MSRP deals on the 500? Yes, you will have to search for them. I know a salesman who bought allotments for the GT 05-06 version from dealers who could not sell what they had. Mostly Northern farming community stores that just could not sell their cars. Both parties made money. The dealer with the original allotment would have been happy to sell direct to an out of state client. Search and you shall find.

Not to get political (snip)

EDIT: Politics, religion, and maybe posts about oil weights...subject to moderation, even when in agreement.

Last edited by a moderator:
An ADM that size would deter a lot of folks from getting one...just to think...I complained about the $5K ADM I paid buying my Boss.

Yeah, remember when they were getting $10k to 15k ADMs on Boss 302 LS’s?

I never pay an adm. Been there done that and kicked myself later.

The GT500 will be produced in abundance. If you are patient you will be able to get one at list. Might take a year but it’s better than watching $30k to $40k go up in smoke later just because you had to be the first at cruise night with one.

I waited until they announced the GT350 and guys began dumping their Bosses to buy an LS. Paid $46k for my LS when guys were also paying ADMs for the GT350.

ADM's are a dealer's joke to those willing to pay them.I've learned my lesson.If everybody did, ADM's would be a thing of the past! It seems Ford dealers have the most cases of ADM's. Is that because they have the best cars or are the most greedy...or both??????????...In any event, My days of ever buying a new car are over....I could never afford the taxes on it. Property tax on my "12 Boss this yr is $815.00.....This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

ADM's are a dealer's joke to those willing to pay them.I've learned my lesson.If everybody did, ADM's would be a thing of the past! It seems Ford dealers have the most cases of ADM's. Is that because they have the best cars or are the most greedy...or both??????????...In any event, My days of ever buying a new car are over....I could never afford the taxes on it. Property tax on my "12 Boss this yr is $815.00.....This is insane!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope other marks have their ADMs. $50k on the .2 GT3RS; $100k on a GT2RS (they have come down in the past year) m. No, I didn’t pay an adm on my RS due to my long realationshp with my dealer. $250k on a new Pista (Ferraris are a whole entire story of how it’s done), Demons where getting a mark up for awhile don’t know about now. ACRs were for a while and of course our beloved Ford dealers love ADMs.

As far as property tax I don’t know which State you live in but NJ where I live never met a tax it didn’t like. Taxes here are horrendous

I don’t know which State you live in
In Ct, property taxes are determined by the town/city you live in and their appointed mill rate will determine how much you pay.Thus a Boss like mine may cost $400 to own in Greenwich or over a grand in Hartford.There was a law in the works to make it a uniform tax across the state, but as you can imagine that didn't go far. So my only choice is to sell my $300K house and buy a $3 Mil mansion in Greenwich.

TMO Supporting Vendors