The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Sticky tires, heavy right foot, too much torque, or jacking from front?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My decklid is binding up on my rear quarters. I wonder if this is happening under load or while jacking. I have to jack from under the side mirrors or the pinch weld will bend. I just ordered Mike's jacking platforms to fix that. I'm wondering if I need some chassis stiffeners or a rear shock tower brace?

20140723_161710_zpsd66c8c3e.jpg

20140723_161705_zps69ea3969.jpg

Probably from Jacking. I noticed much improved torsional stiffness with the Cooltech Roll Bar installed that includes a tie in between the rear 2 upper shock locations. Jacking any corner now raises the same side opposing corner much more than pre installation......

Black Boss said:
Probably from Jacking. I noticed much improved torsional stiffness with the Cooltech Roll Bar installed that includes a tie in between the rear 2 upper shock locations. Jacking any corner now raises the same side opposing corner much more than pre installation......
Good that's what I was hoping.

Welcome back. ;)

I have Kenny Brown jacking rails installed and jack from close to my mirrors which lifts both wheels fairly evenly. I haven't see this on my car so my guess is it's the R6's. 8)

NFSBOSS said:
Welcome back. ;)

I have Kenny Brown jacking rails installed and jack from close to my mirrors which lifts both wheels fairly evenly. I haven't see this on my car so my guess is it's the R6's. 8)
Hah thanks. The jacking rails should also act as a frame stiffener though. They're pretty stout. When I jack my car up to higher levels on jack stands it wants to pull the opposing stand over so it must be flexing pretty good.

drano38

Wayne
Holly cow, Gary over-G'd his Boss. :eek:
Must be that purple crack.
Mine hasn't done this, but I rarely jacked from the middle until I added my Kenny Brown jacking rails.

TMO Supporting Vendors