The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Still waiting on raffle results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
This is like Christmas, except I'm going to be spending my own money to get my gift! :D They told me yesterday they'd have the results today but no luck. So I'm hoping tomorrow. If not then, I guess they're as backed up as Ford is! ;)

GA
ufnavy06 said:
This is like Christmas, except I'm going to be spending my own money to get my gift! :D They told me yesterday they'd have the results today but no luck. So I'm hoping tomorrow. If not then, I guess they're as backed up as Ford is! ;)

Hopefully the UAW grinch won't steal yours and anyone else's Christmas. They are talking strike if they don't get their concessions back. :mad:

ufnavy06

PJWANNABE said:
By the way, what is this raffle anyway? ??? It is just to get an allocation?

Pretty much. Since I'm deployed overseas in Italy, I'm eligible to buy a car through the Navy Exchange. They used to raffle off a certain number of allocations per region, i.e. 2 per EUROCOM, 1 per SOUTHCOM, etc. But now they are raffling off all 10 allotments for all military deployed worldwide, so I don't know how my chances stack up. They said they're pretty good because a lot of people back out because they don't have the means or think they wouldn't win so they enter for 'fun.' The best part is it'll be about $1400 under MSRP with taxes.

Fingers are crossed! Not to mention, I have no idea which quarter this allotment is slated for. But I wouldn't care!

GA
ufnavy06 said:
PJWANNABE said:
By the way, what is this raffle anyway? ??? It is just to get an allocation?

Pretty much. Since I'm deployed overseas in Italy, I'm eligible to buy a car through the Navy Exchange. They used to raffle off a certain number of allocations per region, i.e. 2 per EUROCOM, 1 per SOUTHCOM, etc. But now they are raffling off all 10 allotments for all military deployed worldwide, so I don't know how my chances stack up. They said they're pretty good because a lot of people back out because they don't have the means or think they wouldn't win so they enter for 'fun.' The best part is it'll be about $1400 under MSRP with taxes.

Fingers are crossed! Not to mention, I have no idea which quarter this allotment is slated for. But I wouldn't care!

OK, I have to ask- is Humpty Dumpty still alive? ;D She was pretty old when I was in Naples in '86, so I doubt it. Did someone take over her spot behind the wall? And no, I do not have a certificate. ;) I would imagine that in today's politically correct, tamer Navy those certificates are a thing of the past.

That is cool. I remember the Exchange doing nice things like that. I would imagine that the pool would be somewhat light because you would have to be an officer or chief petty officer to afford a Boss, or have some means outside of the military otherwise. Good luck!

ufnavy06

Well I'm in Sigonella, closest US base to Libya, so I wouldn't know about Naples. And what is this certificate you speak of? I've only been in 4+ years and was just a toddler in '86, so I'm going to have to say I'm ignorant.

Sadly, I did hear back about the raffle and was not initially drawn into the 30 allotments for either the Boss or the GT500. However, there still could be a cancelation so, there's still a chance. But I guess I'll have to explore the 'normal' avenues of getting a Boss.

This whole thing just reminds me of this Mustang commercial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AuxHcEedzw

Except as of yet, when I come back to the States in June, I don't have a Mustang.

ufnavy06 said:
Sadly, I did hear back about the raffle and was not initially drawn into the 30 allotments for either the Boss or the GT500. However, there still could be a cancelation so, there's still a chance. But I guess I'll have to explore the 'normal' avenues of getting a Boss.

Except as of yet, when I come back to the States in June, I don't have a Mustang.
How long do the winners have to complete their deal? i.e. when will you find out if they cancel? If you need help trying to find one at MSRP, let us know. I think there will be a Q2 car available not too far from me at MSRP.

ufnavy06

I'm not 100% as to how long they have to cancel or decline the build slot. I'm sure there will be some but after that it depends on how they go about selecting who gets the build slots. The impression I got was it would be another raffle type event, but my sales associate over here gave me the impression she could reserve it if one becomes available.

Fingers are still crossed. I'm hoping I don't have to go across the country to get the car, as I'm getting married when I get back and I'm planning on using the time off for the honeymoon, not driving across the states. The cool thing about my fiancee is, she'd probably enjoy the road trip as our honeymoon.

GA
ufnavy06 said:
Well I'm in Sigonella, closest US base to Libya, so I wouldn't know about Naples. And what is this certificate you speak of? I've only been in 4+ years and was just a toddler in '86, so I'm going to have to say I'm ignorant.

Sure, make me feel old. :) I know Sigonella- we used to fly our CH-46's in there to get our mail and supplies. I was on the Detroit AOE-4 (decommissioned now) so we supplied everything to our carrier group (America, which is now at the bottom of the ocean :'( ).

Humpty Dumpty was an old prostitute who sat on a brick wall along the road to the base in Naples. She had a mattress behind the wall where she would do her business. She had a goal to do every sailor that passed through Naples, and they even had a Humpty Dumpty quals certificate that you could buy at the Exchange. I think she used a lot of her money to help kids get through college and that were needy. Ask one of your senior officers and chiefs about it- they could probably tell you. The Navy was different then, just like the Vietnam-era Navy was different to me. The Reagan years were the best years to be in the Navy in recent decades. It's funny how history repeats itself; I was there in 1986 bombing Libya. Too bad we missed him.

Sorry about the raffle- maybe you will still have a shot or will find a deal at home.

TMO Supporting Vendors