The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stock Boss rims in smaller size do they make them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am thinking since I do not track the car if I can find some smaller rims for the back only so that I can do some drag racing without needing to change tires all the time. Any help would be great.

So you want to keep the stock fronts and have a smaller diameter set of rears that match the fronts? I don't think that is going to happen unless you have custom wheels CNCed. You might be able to find a set of four aftermarket wheels that match each other and have the right sizes. I don't know how small you can go in the rear, I would guess smaller than the 18 which is the minimum for the front, because of the smaller brakes.

Yeah I just want to be able to launch without blowing the rear tires out I really cant see where these can beat many cars on the streets or even at a drag strip unless I am doing something wrong it just is so easy to spin the rear tires I had one time I had a guy race me he got the start with ease I passed him in third while my tires were still spinning all I thought was damn if I could have launched without spinning that would have been fun. So I figure smaller rear rims and taller tires to get that tire give I need but also would like to remain stock looking. I have not checked what my rear shocks are set on that may help. Mustangs were known for their sticking to the road durring a launch not this one.

TMO Supporting Vendors