The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Stock but maybe… Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Kentucky
Which part of Illinois are you? Love your 'R'.

I like it. Which pads do you recommend and what are these deflectors you're talking about.

Taking it up to Putnam in Indy next month and have a little bit of fun.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Kentucky
I live near Rochelle.

Vorshlag has a deflector which deflects air towards the front brake rotors. They are a sponsor and their link is in the supporting vender section. Should be running across the screen.

Pads, I run Pagid pads.
Where do you go around the midwest for racing? Ever in IN, KY, OH? Thanks for the info, I found the deflectors and the pads!

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Autobahn, Blackhawk and Road America.
Blackhawk is the closest for me. Small family type of place. OK track
Autobahn is a great track also close by.
Road America needs to be experienced. Fantastic.
I work in MS. and have been tracking at Barber and NOLA lately. Barber is amazing. Just learning that track.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Kentucky
Autobahn, Blackhawk and Road America.
Blackhawk is the closest for me. Small family type of place. OK track
Autobahn is a great track also close by.
Road America needs to be experienced. Fantastic.
I work in MS. and have been tracking at Barber and NOLA lately. Barber is amazing. Just learning that track.
You’ve got quite a few tracks near you. I’m grabbing a trailer soon and Road America is on my bucket list. Do you take the R or the Boss more often?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Get a track alignment also , even if you keep it relatively stock. Believe you should have had factory camber plates also, though they went to the Parts Dept. from Ford so a lot of folks never got them.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Good advice
Many of the folks who did get their camber plates had a great rep at the dealership taking care of them and their ride. Bill was mine. Hooked me up with an experienced tech who set my car up right before I even saw it. Thanks again Bill

TMO Supporting Vendors