The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

stock fender weight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mine are steel. magnet sticks to the inner portion of the fender. some one said they thought they where aluminum. mine are not.
i might swap out to the vented fenders soon and was wonder what the stock fender weight was.

those truefiber ones are said to be 7.5 pounds each

any one know?

The stock ones are definitely steel. Call TruFiber and ask them, I'd be surprised if they don't know.

Sesshomurai

my bad. I thought they were also aluminum. Even more reason to get the trufiber ones. Coming soon on my list.
The functional heat extractors are a nice bonus too.

i did call them.
they did not know, and on a brighter note we can get them in cabon fiber for not much more and they should weigh in at 5 pounds.
each.

Sesshomurai

About twice the price.

http://www.stage3motorsports.com/product/TC10025-NX2/?meta=GAW&metacpg=TC10025-NX2&gclid=COvh4JnWyrMCFQ4EnQodHncAWA

yea, that worries me too.
i had a trufiber hood once on a shop car that took 50 man hours to clean up and get straight.
so i guess its a roll of the dice

TMO Supporting Vendors