The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stock motor boss made 1080rwhp!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmws52

2012 Boss 302 PW
Stock boss motor.. Nothing was touched. Twin 6466, stock fuel with a boost a pump. Id1000's, stock trans, rxt clutch. C16 race gas

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
My goodness, the Twins are at it again! All kidding aside 1,080 RWHP is a huge number. Congratulations, your Boss will be a contender for Dyno Wars at Mustang Week in July.

Who provided the Tune for your TT setup?

With that said I would be concerned about the following:

1. MT-82 Input Shaft, could shear on a hard launch with sticky tires.

2. Drive Shaft, center hanger assembly failure.

3. Oil Pump gear set.

Any thoughts on going with a built Automatic?

Now that your there with 1,000 Plus HP, let us know what are your plans for the Boss? Quarter Mile car, Show Car? etc.
Thanks for the post.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

bmws52

2012 Boss 302 PW
Chris at dyno edge tuned the car. Until I put a magnum xl in the car no launches will happen. I obviously know that I am pushing the motor to the limit. I actually didn't plan on making that much. I have an after market drive shaft. The cobra jet intake manifold, corsa mufflers, American racing x-pipe, kooks side pipes, NO oil pump gears. And yes this is my car. The car will be in Houston next week for texas 2k roll race event. I am about to put 3.08 gears in it so I won't have to shift as much. Also I will not run the car at that level I'm turning the boost down and going to run 9xxhp

Chris at Dynoedge is surely the best at what he does....... I trust him implicitly with my cars and my money. He built my Boss for the previous owner. Never gotten a bum steer yet ;D ;D

TMO Supporting Vendors