The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stock Recaro Price

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Philadelphia
I have a set of stock recaros front and rear I'm thinking of selling. Anyone know what they would be worth? Out of a 2012 in excellent shape

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have a set of stock recaros front and rear I'm thinking of selling. Anyone know what they would be worth? Out of a 2012 in excellent shape

I sold the Recaros out of my '16 for $1500 Canadian mini bucks. They were 2 years old and in excellent shape. IMHO, their reputation far exceeds their value on track, sort of like selling the sizzle without the steak.
You just can't beat a proper racing seat for track work, plus the weight saving is pretty damn good as well.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Philadelphia
I sold the Recaros out of my '16 for $1500 Canadian mini bucks. They were 2 years old and in excellent shape. IMHO, their reputation far exceeds their value on track, sort of like selling the sizzle without the steak.
You just can't beat a proper racing seat for track work, plus the weight saving is pretty damn good as well.
They're great for the street but that's why I want to sell and get some better seats to work with the 5 point

Last year I bought a set of 2012 Recaros front and rear, excellent shape, on here for $1500.

Of course they aren't as good as a true race seat on track but together with a Schroth quick fit harness/hans they are way, way better than stock and work well for my street-track compromise car. I love them.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
On a GT it is not likely as big an issue, but if someone on here owns a Boss 302 I would council them to hang on to their Recaro seats and not sell them if they replace the fronts with race seats. The resale value with these seats , at least concerning a Boss, means way more on resale value than what the seats would go for.

Also, if you are keeping your GT forever, or it will only be a track car, the amount you make selling the seats will cover a race seat or two, but you will lose way more than that if you try to trade it in in a couple of years. In most situations, one is better off keeping their stock seats, buying a race seat, and selling the race seat later when they decide to trade it in or sell it, imho.

I have my Recaro seats on Craigslist now for $2500 and I'm not budging on the price. Have a couple of interested parties. I will hold on to them until I get what I want even if it takes years.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel