The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stock springs up front, M-5300-P springs in the rear? Any issues?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I think that will work fine. You'll probably want an adjustable panhard bar to recenter the axle.

four-walling said:
Just want to drop the rear about 1 inch for looks.

I do not track the car.

Any known issues doing this?

Tanks in advance.

I know a few forum members who have done this Steeda's Boss rear springs, myself included. I'm not sure about the P-springs. The Steeda’s changed the handling, but on the street the difference was hard to notice. On the track it made the car a little looser, but I actually prefer a slightly loose condition on track. On the street the car rode a little firmer, but nothing I couldn't live with. The Steeda's dropped the rear 1 inch.

HackBoss302 said:
I know a few forum members who have done this Steeda's Boss rear springs, myself included. I'm not sure about the P-springs. The Steeda’s changed the handling, but on the street the difference was hard to notice. On the track it made the car a little looser, but I actually prefer a slightly loose condition on track. On the street the car rode a little firmer, but nothing I couldn't live with. The Steeda's dropped the rear 1 inch.
I have replaced the stock dampers and struts with some new Koni's along with the Steeda Boss springs all the way around. BIG improvement....

isrboss

OP, I would look to the BMR rear springs. You can purchase them without the fronts. They seem to have a lot of vendors stating 1.5" lowering. BMR states 1.25" and another Boss owner installed the whole set and the rear dropped 1". I would go this route if I were you since the spring rate is around 145lbs/in (GT factory) and linear. Even if you decide to do some spirited canyon carving you will keep a more understeer balance (more rear grip)

I ran the P rears and the FR panhard bar for about 1000 mi before changing the fronts.I did not go to the track,but I would have no problem with doing so.The only real change was the look,and that difference was huge.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
gww52 said:
I ran the P rears and the FR panhard bar for about 1000 mi before changing the fronts.I did not go to the track,but I would have no problem with doing so.The only real change was the look,and that difference was huge.

You changed out the front springs after 1000 miles because you wanted the "raked look"?

I also changed out the rear springs only to level the car.$123.00 shipped from roush. everything else came from Spohn,price and quality is top notch, with a few differant options.

I didn't change the fronts because I wanted the "raked" look.The P springs lower the front by less than 1/4".I did the rears first to see if there was a low cost alternative for lowering the rear only.I planned on front and rear springs from the start.

four-walling said:
You changed out the front springs after 1000 miles because you wanted the "raked look"?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel