The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stoptech 15" rotors and ST60 6 piston caliper questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hello guys - curious if anyone has used this setup. It is pretty light - slotted rotor w/hat is 21lbs and caliper is 11lbs.

In the V6L
Hello guys - curious if anyone has used this setup. It is pretty light - slotted rotor w/hat is 21lbs and caliper is 11lbs.
I ran these on my 2014 GT500 for a while. There isn't a lot to say, really, they're brakes and they worked as advertised. I actually had two sets of caliper brackets and I could run them with 355 rotors for 18" rims or 380 rotors with 19's. OEM front wheels fit over them just fine, as I recall. I eventually switched to Brembo Racing club racing kit with 4 piston calipers and 350mm rotors. They were better than the Stoptechs for heat resistance and braking torque, but the Stoptech's were pretty good.

Ok excellent thank you, JAJ! I was close to buying '13/'14 GT500 front brakes but I found a set of the Stoptechs for cheap. I assume you felt like the Stoptechs were an upgrade over the OE 6 piston Brembos? Do the ST60s use a common pad size or would I be stuck using Stoptech pads?

In the V6L
Ok excellent thank you, JAJ! I was close to buying '13/'14 GT500 front brakes but I found a set of the Stoptechs for cheap. I assume you felt like the Stoptechs were an upgrade over the OE 6 piston Brembos? Do the ST60s use a common pad size or would I be stuck using Stoptech pads?
What's your usage scenario? The Stoptechs were very capable, but I never never really compared it with the OEM setup because I had the Stoptechs on hand when I bought the car, so I swapped early on and only used the OEM brakes for winter.

I guess I'd say that the Stoptechs are at least as good as the OEM 13/14 brakes, so if it's an upgrade from what you've got and you like the price, then go for it. Pads are widely available for the Stoptech ST60's.

TMO Supporting Vendors