The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stoptech 380mm ST brakes with 19X9.5 Drifts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Hi, I helped a friend get a stoptech ST 60 brake kit from Pete at trackdaysolutions (Thanks Pete!). I was wondering if the 19x9.5 drifts would fit with 295/30-19 Hoosier R6 tires. I checked with Hoosier and they said it would be fine as far as the rim goes etc. I was wondering if the Drifts with +35mm offset would fit up front without spacers? I imagine the 380mm brakes would clear the Drifts?? He has have not bought the wheels yet.

He already has the Boss specific springs with Koni yellows and MM caster plates. The car is a 2013 GT ... automatic :-[. I gave him a hand on suspension and he is already 0.4 seconds faster then me.... but he has been racing for decades......... or maybe its the Koni shocks :eek:

My new ST40's have more clearance on the spokes than the stock Brembo's so that won't be a problem. The issue will be if the barrel has enough clearance and I'd be surprised if it didn't have plenty of clearance. The tires won't matter.

Every wheel is different, but if a GT500 6 piston caliper and 15" rotor can fit, the Stoptech should be able to fit. It's a little smaller in overall diameter and is mounted farther inboard than the factory brembos, so I would guess it should fit.

Goofy barrel designs like Vossens have a big step in the middle of the barrel that wont fit over a 380mm stoptech, but will fit over the 15" brembo. That's a 20" wheel and an example of a wheel that won't fit.

If your friends wants to save some money and have more options in 18" tire sizes, Enkei PF01s will fit. I think 18" Forgestar CF5s can fit over 15" GT600 6 piston brakes too, but F14s can't.

Good luck!

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Thanks for the help everyone. I tried my 19x9.5 drift (spare!) with my buddies 380mm Stoptech and a perfect fit!, no spacers required and 3mm space to spare. hard to imagine a 18in fitting over them though. Just looking at the brakes me we sweat with the urge to buy them..... Will try to resist and go the 18x10 drift route.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel