The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 Storm Vodoo Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Installed GT4 vents, FPP track swaybars (set to hard in the front and soft in the rear), SPL endlinks front&rear, SPL bumpsteer (not intended for GT350, but I modified it with Steeda bumpsteer part for GT350).

Custom forged wheels is ready, waiting on ARP studs back in stock to order them and install wheels.
Still waiting on Cortex coilovers, seems like Cortex decided to forget about my order, lol. 2 weeks past ETA of shipment, noone on the phone, no replies to e-mail.
SPL spherical things for the rear lower arm (2 places) are waiting for coilover setup.
Planning on order SPL toe-link and eccentric lockout, plus vertical links. Not planning to do anything with front suspension for the moment (maybe somehow will manage to do SLA front suspension next year, haha).
Car is running great, take it to the Sochi, saving it from the cold Russian winter on Moscow/Saint-Petersburg. F1 racetrack and occasional trackdays on it would be a great ground to learn on the off-season.

NNN01318.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Nice upgrades and one of my favorite color combinations. Glad the TMO community can help you with your GT 350 and thanks for posting your build thread. It is so interesting to see what Mustang owners are doing to their cars in all parts of the World!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Nice upgrades and one of my favorite color combinations. Glad the TMO community can help you with your GT 350 and thanks for posting your build thread. It is so interesting to see what Mustang owners are doing to their cars in all parts of the World!
Thanks, man!
Yes, TMO community is amazing, it's hard to imagine how I'd anything to car without having this community haha

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Car has some mods done going into season.
Full SPL catalogue
Cortex JRI Double Coilovers (1 of 4 came broken from the factory, lol)
Forged 19x11 wheels
MGW short-shifter

Now for adjustable camber-arms from BMR and subframe bushings; stock rotors almost gone, so girodisc's on the way. Also GT500 ignition coils - I'm not sure stock ones are doing that great.
Thinking about adding small wing in the rear + wheel openings and canards in the front.

Confront some P0010 and 0004 check engine mistakes, huge loss of power. Garage-fix it, seems to be the regular problem for GT350.

тачка-май.jpg

Car is feeling amazing on the new suspension; I'm slowly getting into adjustments, but this thing already pulling out 1.6g's on R-compound tires (measured by Race Navigator).

Also, it weighs 1670 kg now (with 1/4 of tank). No carbon fiber details, full interior with back-seats, premium package with solid audiosystem and sub in the trunk, 6-point harnesses for both front seats. Stock engine and exhaust too.
Pretty stocked on that weight, possible to drop a lot from the titanium exhaust and lighter flywheel.

Last edited:
TX
Pretty stocked on that weight, possible to drop a lot from the titanium exhaust and lighter flywheel.
If it were me, I wouldn't touch the flywheel (or balancer, engine mounts, trans mount, or oil pan) while you're still FPC. It'll vibrate itself apart

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
If it were me, I wouldn't touch the flywheel (or balancer, engine mounts, trans mount, or oil pan) while you're still FPC. It'll vibrate itself apart
Huge thanks for an input! I'm a bit in a vacuum right here with that car, so few things fly higher than my knowledge. Didn't know about flywheel, only about engine mounts and trans mount.
Flywheel is definitely not for this year.
But what about oil pan? I ordered GT500 oil pan and oil pump, as in my understanding it would improve cooling a bit and less oil-suffering in corners.
Am I wrong and it would bring some issues to FPC? I'm not planning to go CPC due to my love for the engine character haha

TX
Huge thanks for an input! I'm a bit in a vacuum right here with that car, so few things fly higher than my knowledge. Didn't know about flywheel, only about engine mounts and trans mount.
Flywheel is definitely not for this year.
But what about oil pan? I ordered GT500 oil pan and oil pump, as in my understanding it would improve cooling a bit and less oil-suffering in corners.
Am I wrong and it would bring some issues to FPC? I'm not planning to go CPC due to my love for the engine character haha
I broke both the FP350S oil pan pickup tube mount and the GT500 one - both from the vibrations of the FPC. I seriously wouldn't touch anything to do with the motor. And once warranty is up, swap in a cross plane. I tried EVERYTHING to make this engine work in FPC and it just won't last moving away from the OEM parts - and even those parts only extend life IMHO. I know a few lucky people - but I know more with issues than not.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
I broke both the FP350S oil pan pickup tube mount and the GT500 one - both from the vibrations of the FPC. I seriously wouldn't touch anything to do with the motor. And once warranty is up, swap in a cross plane. I tried EVERYTHING to make this engine work in FPC and it just won't last moving away from the OEM parts - and even those parts only extend life IMHO. I know a few lucky people - but I know more with issues than not.
Ruining my dreams! Hahaha. Now I'm not that sure about oil pan...
I have around 3k track kilometers, so hoping for around 7 more before getting serious problems
Didn't you get much more from your engine?

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
So i got the standard 5.0 with cross plane, what pan should i put in the GT500 or the FP350S one? since you had them both and seen them both perform some what, which one is a better pan for doing track work?

I have been watching your utube and have been doing some of the same mods like oil cooler, accusump, remote oil filter with a bigger Fram filter.
Also got to do the oil balancing and coolant balancing lines. Which im not sure if i can do it with out pulling engine out and maybe just removing intake manifold.

Cheers
Stan

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Sooo
Engine got completely destroyed about 1.5 month ago
Trans cracked as well
4000 track kilometers
19000 kilometers overall

Getting me headache to think what I should do next with a car
Either buy stock engine and trans and sell it
Or order build engine, but than I would probably lost more money on selling it; or keep the car with me to the USA, which would cost quite a lot of money...

TX
Sooo
Engine got completely destroyed about 1.5 month ago
Trans cracked as well
4000 track kilometers
19000 kilometers overall

Getting me headache to think what I should do next with a car
Either buy stock engine and trans and sell it
Or order build engine, but than I would probably lost more money on selling it; or keep the car with me to the USA, which would cost quite a lot of money...
Sorry to hear about the engine. What happened? Is the block ruined?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Sorry to hear about the engine. What happened? Is the block ruined?
I believe there are several factors.
I run the engine with some missfires for some time. That means vibrations... There were both electro problems and possibly spark plugs issues (fixed all)
And, mostly, I think missshifts. After MGW installation I missshifted like 6 times :(
Block is ruined, whole engine pretty much completely destroyed. Trans is ruined as well, cracked.

OH Boy!!!!!....Maxim, I don't think the warranty will help you much at this point, But I could be wrong here.....you might go that route just to see if that's a possibilty. I understand money will be a big issue here getting you back to where you want to be.Man, this is a bad mess for sure....I wish you the best outcome possible...............I hope it's back in a Mustang.................One last thought....Hard to understand how the MGW shifter got involved with this mega failure......................that's usually a promo upgrade??????????

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
OH Boy!!!!!....Maxim, I don't think the warranty will help you much at this point, But I could be wrong here.....you might go that route just to see if that's a possibilty. I understand money will be a big issue here getting you back to where you want to be.Man, this is a bad mess for sure....I wish you the best outcome possible...............I hope it's back in a Mustang.................One last thought....Hard to understand how the MGW shifter got involved with this mega failure......................that's usually a promo upgrade??????????
I don't think warranty is working outside the US, haha. And I'm the second owner, first owner drive car for 72 km before it got sold.
Money is a second factor. The waiting time is the first (considering current politic crap out there). I need to wait like 4-5 weeks after ordering. And the ordering process is quite complex.
MGW shifter has much closer gears in terms of feelings; and my shifts were not that precise, seemingly. No problem with MGW, just my bad shifts out of habit.

Thanks for good words!

TMO Supporting Vendors