The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Strapping Down your S550

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

(Not sure if this is the right spot to post?)

For those who trailer your car to the track, etc. where do you attach?

Having a hard time finding good spots on the front that I can reach while sitting on/in a trailer.

And the back...is it okay to attach to something on the subframe? Or should I look strictly for a frame point?

Thanks for any input. :)

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Attach to the axle in the rear and you can also use the tires as a tie down point. I know some will say it's bad for suspension bushings and wheel bearings but be prudent and don't tighten it down like a gorilla and you'll be fine :) Other options up front are the swing arms or maybe if you have an amazing tow hook install you fully trust but I wouldn't go that route.

On the front I found some perfect holes I could reach in the front of the K member...at least til I put a tubular K in.

th_DSC01573_zpsr3hawwvu.jpg

On the back , in the subframe to each side of the diff are holes easy to reach while on a trailer.

A little hard to see in the pics...

th_DSC01570_zps96l9gidl.jpg

th_DSC01571_zpsnkqoxnf2.jpg

th_DSC01572_zpsqgwda2k4.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel