The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Street Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hi all.. looking for a bit of advice. Time for some new tires, so I thought I'd ask a bit of advice.

I live in the great white north, so want to keep the OEM wheels and tires on the car for winter storage and spring driving until temps are over 7c.

So looking at APEX EC-7's in staggered setup (street driving only). I do want to get more grip though as I'm spinning in 3rd. So decided on Michelin PS4S tires. APEX recommends 285 front, 305 rear. OEM fitment is 255/40R19 front, 285/35R19 rear, but Michelin PS4S 305 only comes in 30R. Will this have a negative affect on anything? Or should I just go with 265/40R19 front and 295/35R19 rear?

I know with a 305 rear, I may need to move bump stops....

As well, wondering if I'll need cc plates? Wondering if adjustments to alignment would be needed each time I put the other set on.

Hoping you guys can give me a bit of advice. Thanks

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
ibdboss

What do you plan on doing with your Blue Boss?? Great color by the way.

I run 305's square on my Boss with the stock bump stops in place.
If you will track your car, consider a square set up. Four corner tire rotation will save you money on track.
If you will be street driving only a good 200TW tire many be the way to go. If you are still running the original tires, spinning in third should be expected. The Pirelli's were not that great new.
Bill may be along soon with advice on a good street tire.

Have you thawed out yet?

ibdboss

What do you plan on doing with your Blue Boss?? Great color by the way.

I run 305's square on my Boss with the stock bump stops in place.
If you will track your car, consider a square set up. Four corner tire rotation will save you money on track.
If you will be street driving only a good 200TW tire many be the way to go. If you are still running the original tires, spinning in third should be expected. The Pirelli's were not that great new.
Bill may be along soon with advice on a good street tire.

Have you thawed out yet?
This will be just street use... No track... So no issues with 305 on rear.. that's good. Any change in speedo or tune required for change in profile height?

Read up on the Michelin PS4S and seems like a great tire.

We did thaw out for a bit. First time in a long while we had no snow mid-March. Bit of a cold snap now though. I expect it would be beginning to mid-May when I'd put the Michelins on.

Having fun trying to get the Apex wheels though. Especially in Canada.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors