The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Strengthrehab's Better Late Than Never Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
To me the tire looks to close to collar. If the sidewall flex's in a turn, it could possible rub and cause you more grief. It would have great clearance with 10" wheel. If it was me i would be very hesitant to drive on them.

Well, tire had clearance but wheel only cleared by about 2.5mm. After being tempted to trash it all and start over with different wheels and taking a plunge on more expensive coilovers, I've decided to use camber bolts to pull the wheel away from the strut then gain as much camber as I can. This should allow me to use a 25mm spacer and still have enough space to compensate for tire and wheel flex.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

That's the least expensive way to test out your new setup. If it works you can adjust from there.

After a lot of thinking, I've decided to remove the Pedders coilovers and contact the company to see if they want me to send them back. I'll probably keep the bars, but I'm over trying to band aid the situation. It isn't worth it in the end.

When I originally contacted the company to let them know about fitment, they basically told me that due to the "street" nature of the system, it was too much of a challenge to change the product and thanked me for using them in a way that was "on the other end of the spectrum" of their design and usual customers.

Back to stock dampers and BMR SP080 springs.

Well, after all was said and done, I decided to use the camber bolts and see what happened. I got the clearance I needed so I'm going to trial some time to see how the Pedders hold up.

At least the spring rates are ok at 390 and 780.

Finally got an alignment after the coilover install. Was supposed to happen last week but Firestone wouldn't honor my lifetime alignment due to custom settings.

Anyway. I found another place and he even finalized everything with me in the car. No big changes, but I gained 0.1 deg negative on R side and lost 0.1 deg in Left side.

So they balance out to -3.0 F and -1.8 R

Edit: picture sucked.

As per the FB page I'm dealing with an issue that happened during last session of last event.

Started off fine but car was stumbling a lot when I pulled into paddock.

Drove home.

Eventually pulled plugs

Found the one with bent electrode at cylinder 8. The other one is cylinder 6. I decided to dona compression test 5hinking 8 was bad. (See below). 8 was fine. 6 was bad. Did leakdown to confirm. 8 had 10% leakdown, 6 had 100% leakdown and air was coming out of throttle body.

Use boroscope and 6 piston is fine (below)

I'm thinking intake valve failure of some sort.

Now to pull the head.d4b4ed1bb3f929c9bdae36b0b5e1ae6f.jpgc444cdd70581d60df8cffd42efeca9a1.jpgb01d37a95c9da00b5983846fbca582b6.jpgf360490c199b259b8cd940a87631411c.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel