The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stripe Delete - First one in the country

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boss #989 is now officially Stripe Delete #0001.

Could be the last, or could be the first . . . time will tell.

It's certainly a lower profile - you can feel it immediately on the street.

I'll post a photo if someone will tell me how -

I prefer the stripe, but this certainly will be rare! Maybe the stripe delete on a different color would look okay though??

I say to each their own......I personally would not dream of taking the C-strip off or the signature Boss 302 logo.

It is what makes the car, the car in my opinion. It would be like taking the 1977 Pontiac Trans Am and removing the bird on the hood or the 1969 Dodge Super Bee stripe.

I may even go as far as making yet another Dukes of Hazzard movie and using something other than a Dodge Charger........it just wouldn't seem right.

Best of luck stripdelete#1, it just isn't for me! But as they say, its your money/car do what makes YOU happy.

Thanks for everyone's understanding. I definitely expected opinions and reactions. I might post another photo from a different angle that looks better.

I have to admit, I've never been a fan of stripes (and definitely not chickens) on any car, preferring to see the lines of the car's design. The stripe delete option on the GT500 was a smart move.

I bought the car for the engine/suspension/brakes/and recaro's. Otherwise I was looking at a 5.0 with a glass roof. If they had taken a 5.0 and added boss stripes and CAI/tune (as some GT owners are now doing), would that have been a Boss? Are the Boss's that are racing without the C stripes not real Boss's? I think the key is the 444HP 302 under the hood.

The nice thing about stripe decals is that they can be replaced, and when that happens, they'll be new for resale.

By the way, these stripes were like saran wrap. I expected something glued on like the airbag stickers on the visors. (Also took those off.)

GA
We have this debate on the Bullitt forum all of the time when someone is thinking of or puts a spoiler, stripes, or blingy wheels and trim on a Bullitt. They just doesn't belong in my opinion, but the bottom line is that you are free to make your car your own and do what makes you happy. I think stripes belong on the Boss but if you like it, that is what counts.

Like I said I like the stripes, but don't get me wrong it's like pizza...even a bad pizza is pretty damn good! It's still a tough looking car.

If I remember correctly, part of the reason for stripe delete was to maintain a low profile. According to this source from Motor Trend, here's the top ten:
Source: CNBC
Quality Planning’s Top Ten Most Ticketed Cars
Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible
Toyota Camry-Solara Coupe
Scion tC Coupe
Hummer H2/H3 SUV
Scion XB Hatchback
Mercedes-Benz CLS-63 AMG Sedan
Acura Integra Coupe
Pontiac Grand Prix Sedan
Mercedes-Benz CLK 63 AMG Sedan
Volkswagen GTI Hatchback

Mustang didn't make the list. That really sucks! I'm guessing radar is used 90% of the time (or higher).

The stripe is part of what makes a Boss a BOSS, so mine stays and I like the look.

In this case it is your car and that is the beauty of modifications and making your car what you like.

Have fun.

There are plenty of examples out there without the stripes. Here's one-

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/wp-content/uploads//2010/12/Boss-302s.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors