The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stripe Delete? For better or for worse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

No not yet, this weekend was planned for a while. It was last weekend's night run that poped up - and that track (Palm Beach) is so close my SM told me if I did not go he would void my warranty.

2012Boss I like your trunk lid and wing - looks good.

For the original thread question - keep the stripes they are part of what makes a BOSS 302.

DigiCowboy said:
2012Boss,

I love the rear window louvers and was thinking about getting them. Do they effect visibilty much?

They do a little bit, not quite as level as the 69-70 louvers. I spoke to someone kinda high up in Ford's marketing dept and he all but outright said Ford is working on making a set of louvers. When - who knows - maybe when we get the Trackey :D The MRT louvers I have look nice and are easy to install, I even run them on the track but I would like to see what Ford will offer.

Thanks for the nice comments, I am having fun making a new retro Boss!

Dean#4AI said:
2012Boss said:
track (Palm Beach) is so close my SM told me if I did not go he would void my warranty.

Ya gotta love it

Hook, line and sinker......... ;D
Come on, it's true ::)

I think the stripes will come off the sides. However, the hood vinyl may get a reprieve.

I saw two GT500's at the dealership, a black one and a white one. Both were stripe delete cars, and they looked great.

You guys are just dodging the issue with all that track talk.

TMO Supporting Vendors