The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stripe Delete? For better or for worse?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The engine/transmission, suspension, seats, are all incredible, so I have a Boss on order.

But what about those add-on tape stripes?

Does the car look better with or without stripes?

What do you think?

I'm trying to post the photo of Boss's waiting for stripes from another post, but having trouble with it.

The white Boss looks cleaner without the stripes, and the black roof looks OK on that car.

roamer said:
I'm trying to post the photo of Boss's waiting for stripes from another post, but having trouble with it.

The white Boss looks cleaner without the stripes, and the black roof looks OK on that car.
No offense to those with white Mustangs but a white Boss without stripes looks like a fast appliance. ;) I can do without the color coordianted roofs as well but mine will be staying original. You have arrest me red roofs, police interceptor white roofs, and the black glass look roofs. I'd prefer a car color matching roof.

It's not a Boss without the stripes. The Boss isn't afraid to call attention to itself because it can match the outrageous looks with performance to match. When I ordered mine, I wished for a stripe delete, now I find mine KB timid looking when parked next to a LS, especially on a track day.

The Stripe Stays.........it's a BOSS 302! The stripe represents "Power", "Tradition",....it's a leader. The Boss was meant to "Lead" the other mustangs into battle! The other mustangs look for the stripe, they know when they see the stripe..........to follow. Without the stripe.......there's no leader.

I kid, I kid, I kid ;D

It seems if the stripes are an important battle cry for the mustang herd to follow, the sign of generations of Ford heritage, yada yada yada, the dang stang stripes would be painted on, and not vinyl tape. Same for the hood.

I'm thinking of taking them off, painting the trunklid black, and installing a 302S hood with the vents painted black. Create your own heritage, I say.

However, resale value would tank. But who among is thinking of that at a time like this?

Boss Lady

Not painting the stripes probably makes it easier to replace them in the event of any body shop repairs. You can just order the precut pieces you need.

5 DOT 0 said:
The high quality vinyl stripes are not an issue for me. Much easier to remove or change colors than painting. Now if the roof was vinyl I'd remove it. The roof is painted......

I got ten bucks that says you will do it, dare to be different ;D

Changes to the stripes (or the roof) need to be verified with a photo . . . trust, but verify.

Can we make a better looking Boss?

And who's the Boss around here, Ford or the customer?

TMO Supporting Vendors