The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stripe question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a Race Red with white stripes on order. The stripes are outlined with a thin black stripe. I have not seen this color combo in person but I suspect I'll not be a big fan of the black outline stripe. Can anyone say if it is a separate stripe that can be removed while leaving the larger white stripes undamaged?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Not certain on the answer to your question but here are some pictures of that combo:

10869774_1489415971371042_2180517742921288643_o.jpg

11895169_10101034986101554_4598888118843988596_o.jpg

2015mustanggt350-1.jpg

2016-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-in-red-rear-side-view-parked.jpg

Keep the black accent stripe. It sure beats the black stripe with the white accent going on some of the other colors. Just my 2 cents.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
In terms of the stripe install process, I suspect the black pin stripe is part of the white stripe. The Boss stripes have a 1/4" inch outline stripe and they too are a part of the larger white stripe with a small clear section to show the body color.

It would take much more time to install a separate black pinstripe in the Mod Shop. But, I could be wrong.

Wait until you see it in person, as it just might grow on you? At first I wasn't a fan of my white roof, but now I wouldn't trade it for a Kona Blue roof. Plus, it will stand out differently from all of the other Shelbys with similar white stripes in the future.

Nice color combo and good luck with your order and delivery.

302 Hi Pro

Per each pair of OTTS, it is one single fused piece... meaning the thin lateral outline stripes are not separated from the large inner primary stripe. On my AG with Black/White OTTS, each of fhe Black/White pair is one entire piece.

23231000920_a159878ae3_b.jpg

I think the accent stripe looks fine. If you don't like them, I suggest doing a stripe delete and let a shop install exactly what you want.

VooDooBOSS said:
I saw the car posted earlier in person and it looks sharp the way it is. The black stripes give it a finished look and ties in nicely with the other black accent pieces on the car. I'd wait until you see it in person.

When is your car going to arrive?

It will most likely grow on me. The black does tie in with the black body work in the grill.

I wish I knew. My dealer rep emailed me today and said the order had been "picked" and moved from priority 10 to priority 1. Anyone know exactly what that means?

akazanar said:
It will most likely grow on me. The black does tie in with the black body work in the grill.

I wish I knew. My dealer rep emailed me today and said the order had been "picked" and moved from priority 10 to priority 1. Anyone know exactly what that means?
Yes, you should have your VIN and build week either this Thursday or next. Check in with JMBBoss late Thursday afternoon for an update.

VooDooBOSS said:
Yes, you should have your VIN and build week either this Thursday or next. Check in with JMBBoss late Thursday afternoon for an update.

Awesome, thanks!

DEye

You can't get there from here...
302 Hi Pro said:
. The Boss stripes have a 1/4" inch outline stripe and they too are a part of the larger white stripe with a small clear section to show the body color.

302 Hi Pro

Huh, having it all one piece certainly would make it easier to apply, vs. the parallel sections !

I think the black edge diliniates the edge nicely, but that's just my opinion :p

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel