The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stripe repair

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Strip repair

Do you mean the stripe?

Re: Strip repair

There have been some issues with stripes on some early and in my case a late 2013s. Have the dealer look at it, it may be fixed under warranty. My hood stripe was peeling up and Ford approved the replacement.

Yes, but they are quite pricey. A hood stripe for the 2013 LS is over $800. You have to buy the center and side sections separate. The nose section is another separate item and cost more money. That is crazy money.

I had the same issue and was able to get it replaced under warranty. The '13 stripes are made of a proprietary material by Kay Automotive Graphics and they have an exclusive arrangement to sell only to Ford. Any replacements you get from another source will not match the reflective appearance of the originals. The replacements from Ford are VERY expensive. If memory serves, that stripe runs about $260. The door stripe has to be replaced as a unit, all three.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel