The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm sure it'll look great but I love my stripes. Part of the Boss heritage. There were Shelby's with and without strips back in the day. You can identify that it is a Shelby with the hood, nose and badging. Take away the stripes on a Boss and it'll look like a V6. Only hardcore guys will recognize the grill and gas cap as a Boss. But if you want the stealth look, there you go. Post pics if you do.

2013 Boss stripes, both standard and LS, are reflective. The standard Boss has "black" reflective stripes, although in certain light conditions they appear more anthracite gray than black. The LS has "gray" reflective stripes, and they indeed appear more gray than the standard Boss "black" stripes.

I am just relaying what I am seeing in a lot of the window stickers from the links to the Ford database on late model year 13 production which are at some dealerships . And the window stickers are saying "Matte Black" in addition to everything else listed in the in the options portion. I have not seen a vehicle with that listed on the sticker in person so I can't verify it, nor am I declaring that in fact Ford stopped using a reflective stripe kit. I realize it states Reflective Hood and Side Stripe in the Standard Equipment Exterior portion of the Sticker. So my question was... Did Ford change, in mid-production, it's materials and stop offering reflective stripes... Again, I have ONLY seen it online.

For example.
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CU1D5255327

whereas mine lists it as "Low Gloss."
http://www.inventory.ford.com/services/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=1ZVBP8CU6D5207225

As for the comment from dabossinne: I understand what the 2013 stripes look like; I own one. But thanks for trying to break it down for me like a 12 year old.

If you take a picture of a boss with the reflective stripes the flash from your camera will light it up to a bright white. It must really shock people at night when there headlights shine on them.

As they did back in the day. I hate my non relective '12 stripes. If I knew I could get the right color match for the LS, I'd consider replacing them.

Mike

BossDuke said:
As they did back in the day. I hate my non relective '12 stripes. If I knew I could get the right color match for the LS, I'd consider replacing them.

Mike
Check out Bob White Decals, they offer 2012 style in reflective, 2 choice for red. I'd ask & see if they could sendyou a color sample;
http://www.bobwhitedecals.com/Products/2010_prod/landscapeBOSS.html

I went by my local dealer today and they have a grabber blue with the "matte" stripes. I didn't see any difference, although I didn't have it side by side with mine so its hard to say for sure. They are very similar if there is a difference.

88saleen544 said:
I went by my local dealer today and they have a grabber blue with the "matte" stripes. I didn't see any difference, although I didn't have it side by side with mine so its hard to say for sure. They are very similar if there is a difference.
Are they reflective? That will be the difference if any.

i saw a red one at the dealer the other day just arrived. was in the late 2xxx numbers stripes were the same as mine. reflective.

The 2013 are reflective but Ford does not call them reflective due to a ton of government regulations to use that "word". I was told by someone who knows it was just easier to call them stripes.

My 2013 was produced in late October - #2692. Under "Exterior Features" on the window sticker is listed "Reflective Stripes" and they do reflect in person.

NFSBOSS said:
Are they reflective? That will be the difference if any.

The ones I saw was still reflective. It is odd that ford changed the listing designation on the window sticker from "High Gloss" to "Matte" but I guess its just in naming.

Bay Area
dabossinne said:
2013 Boss stripes, both standard and LS, are reflective. The standard Boss has "black" reflective stripes, although in certain light conditions they appear more anthracite gray than black. The LS has "gray" reflective stripes, and they indeed appear more gray than the standard Boss "black" stripes.

Where did you get this information? I have a standard Boss and mine are grey or black duringthe daytime. it all depends on how the suns hits it. At night they can appear matte black, silver, dull grey, white, & yellow. Again its all on how the light hits them. Pull your Boss out and drive around it with your high & low beams on.

TMO Supporting Vendors