The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
Hi All, I'm running MM Caster/Camber plates and their front track pack springs on Koni Yellows with an Eibach front anti-rollbar. Rather stiff setup. I was getting ready to install my bump steer kit and found the upper strut mount bearing blown up. Is this from a misalignment during initial install of the MM plates or are these things just weak junk and there are better options? I will say I have no clue if these are the original mounts or not as I'm not the original owner, but I'm willing to bet they are with all 110,000 miles on them. I suppose I should have used new ones when I installed all of the other suspension components. So maybe the age/mileage plays a part in this failure? Thoughts?

20220807_153914.jpg
20220807_153921.jpg
20220807_165119.jpg

Just found Ford Performance has an "upgraded" unit M-18183-C

Anyone have any experience using this with an aftermarket Caster Camber Plate?
The GT500 (and 2005-2010 Mustang GT) strut bearings are different than the 2011-2014 Mustang GT. The MM plates (and if I recall correctly the struts) are also different between the two.

I actually have the GT500 parts* on my 2011 GT, primarily because it was convenient for me at the time. No complaints here, but I have less than 10k miles on them and cannot really speak to whether they are better than the 2011-2014 GT parts.

*MM plates with GT500 strut bearings parts, Koni yellows, and H&R Race springs

Last edited:
Unless they changed the rules, the SCCA does not allow bearings in the struts, they were all over this a few years ago at the runoffs, in the touring class. Which is weird because I'm unaware of any ( legal) aftermarket
cam/cas plates that do not use them.
Hopefully they've changed it, but you might check.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Columbia, TN
Ok, so I just gotta stick with the stock setup and see how it goes. The guys at MM said if the bearing is blown up like in my pictures it was from a misaligned install. I'll let you all know how it goes! Thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel