The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stuff other drivers do that make you crazy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
On today's commute into work, I'm in the left lane (now there's a shocker) on the 3 lane interstate heading to work. It's the heart of the morning rush hour, so there's a different set of rules for driving in heavy traffic versus light to moderate traffic. The normal 'leave 1 car length for every 10 miles an hour you are going' is out the door, because if you are going 65, you shouldn't be leaving 6 and a half car lengths between you and the car in front of you in the left lane. Why? Because just about every other type A jackass who has to get to work as soon as possible is going to use the middle lane to get in front of you.

Not just one car, but dozens. But I guess you are never got enough of playing 'follow the leader' as a grade schooler, so now you are getting your fix during the morning commute and want to lead a conga line of cars all glued to your rear bumper...

What really annoys me is that sometimes I get annoyed to the point where I pass the idiot on the right myself, which I try to never ever do. I want to drive 'the right way' and just tolerate the slow, the ignorant, the blue hairs, and the maniacs so that both myself and my car live to drive another day...

Yesterday morning I'm leaving Dunkin's after getting my XL regular coffee, and waiting to take my right turn onto the 2 lane (each way) road. The dope in front of me was also taking a right but would not turn on to the open right hand lane because they wanted to pull out directly in the left hand lane that had traffic. :mad: Would it be too much to ask to just pull out onto the main drag and then slide on over the left lane so you can eventually get into the left turn only late at the *next light* a quarter mile away? Nah, it's much more fun to sit there and hold up the 3 other cars behind you because you are special. Sigh.

Drive 15 mph in 35+mph mountain roads, then refuse to use the turnouts. And when there is a passing zone, they decide to be speed racer and accelerate as hard as they can.

Rush hour traffic has no rules..it's every fool for themselves..stop & go, rushing to go nowhere fast. I95 here, between 7:30 & 9:00 is a parking lot, with every little opening between cars eaten up by idiots thinking they found the short cut to paradise. Heaven forbid a car stops on the shoulder.....things slow to a crawl with all the rubbernecking. Definitely not Boss Friendly!!!!!

lol, i used to hate that I495/I95 traffic. glad im done with school, for now, and dont have to drive around that area.

but the single most thing that pisses me off everyday is when ppl drive on the passing lane slow, which the OP mentioned. people merge on the highway and first thing they do is get on the left lane... not even wait to match speed with the crowd or at least speed up a bit.

jec246

2 lanes merging to one after a stop light. Person goes 80 in a 45 to get in front of everyone. After the lanes merge they go 30 in a 45. :mad: I guess to make of for them speeding at the first part??? ???

Goosefrabah, Goosefrabah. lol not sure if I spelled that correctly. ::)

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
oh I hate that too. I yell "close the gap" all the time. the tunnels around here are enough to make someone start shooting people. Then to sit there behind the guy creeping along at 1mph leaving a 20 car gap and just watching the people pouring in in front of them. Then the icing on the cake is when I blaze by them they are TEXTING!!!! or they give me the finger for passing them and speed up. Yes I have anger issues while driving. I cant wait to retire from the navy and move back home when a 4 car back up at a light is "heavy traffic"

I get seriously pissed when a car in the right hand lane at a stop light is going straight. Especially when im the guy behind him who wants to turn.. If im going straight and coming to a stop light i always move over to the middle lane.. I have caught myself in the right lane a couple of times and if i look in my rear view and see a guy with his blinker on, i go ahead and turn and then make the uturn to get back on course.. but nothing pisses me off more than to see an emtpy street where I can turn, but i cant because some jackwaggon wants to go straight

ace72ace

+1 on the right lane guy going straight. There is a 3 lane road where left is left turn only but the far right is posted as both straight and right. However for all the locals who travel the road frequently, it really should be right turn only as there is a heavy volume of traffic for that road. I always move over to the middle lane *IF* traffic is stopped and will wait behind several cars instead of sitting in the right lane blocking the anyone who wants to turn right.

Last night I make run to the store to get some earbuds as I couldn't find my old pair. Get behind this beat up Mercury Mountaineer, who thinks that 20 mph is the right speed to go, as 30 is just way too dangerous. Followed them for 2 miles while chanting 'serenity now!' (not really but it was appropriate) to WalMart and was curious just what kind of mental defective was behind the wheel. Was a giant woman in nurses scrubs with a clone daughter, also ginormous and what appeared to be friend of the daughter. As I get in the door she grabs a carriage and starts pushing it at a rapid pace. I wondered why should couldn't display that kind of alacrity behind the F'N wheel!

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Slower%20Traffic%20Keep%20Right%20Windshield%20Decal%20n065.jpg

7f34_12.jpg

here is a link to a few more
http://leftlanedrivers.org/

My number 1 gripe every day is when the right lane is going to end and some MORON gets on it to quickly pass some cars and then expects everyone else to let him back in. Needless to say, I never do.

Note that I know it's the right thing to do to stay on the merge lane as long as possible and merge when it ends but I'm talking about douchebags who get on this lane SPECIFICALLY to pass a few cars.

ace72ace

TheMarco said:
My number 1 gripe every day is when the right lane is going to end and some MORON gets on it to quickly pass some cars and then expects everyone else to let him back in. Needless to say, I never do.

Note that I know it's the right thing to do to stay on the merge lane as long as possible and merge when it ends but I'm talking about douchebags who get on this lane SPECIFICALLY to pass a few cars.

OMG - This happened to me about 2 weeks ago on the morning commute. Same 2 lane road where I had earlier cited getting my morning coffee. Just a half mile further south the 2 lane road goes down to 1. Traffic is flowing down toward the bottle neck and I'm last in a line of about 6 or 7 cars that had all merged to left lane, including me. However I can see in my rear view here comes this silver sedan speeding up in the right lane...

I say to myself, naw, they really can't be flooring it try and squeeze in just in front of me in the last 200 feet before the right lane is completely gone? Now as I try to drive like a normal person and leave the average amount of safe following distance behind the vehicle in front of me. Against my better judgement I sped up to keep this jerk from darting in front of me. We quickly compared jewelry on our right hands, which made for a lovely start to both our mornings.

I was wondering where the fire was, or if this person was bleeding from an open head wound or something (however the hospital was in the opposite direction...). Just some 20 something average looking woman in a 4 door Taurus with an attitude. There's something about that merge spot that brings out the worst in people. It's a long 1 lane route that has many stop lights and very little passing zones. If you are stuck behind a big ass truck or blue hair well then your next 10 miles is gonna suck until the next 2 lane stretch.

I did vow to never speed up like that again though, no matter who is right or wrong. It's just not worth it as you never know what kind of nutter is behind the wheel and what they might do...

ace72ace said:
OMG - This happened to me about 2 weeks ago on the morning commute. Same 2 lane road where I had earlier cited getting my morning coffee. Just a half mile further south the 2 lane road goes down to 1. Traffic is flowing down toward the bottle neck and I'm last in a line of about 6 or 7 cars that had all merged to left lane, including me. However I can see in my rear view here comes this silver sedan speeding up in the right lane... [..]

You're lucky. I see this EVERY SINGLE MORNING during my commute. These are the same morons that temporarily use the carpool lane to quickly pass a stretch of traffic (while being alone in the car). Luckily I often see cops hiding to ticket those bastards. It doesn't often happen that I thumbs-up a cop but I always do when I see them hand one of those asshats a $375 ticket.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
In Connecticut there seems to be an unwritten rule that states that anyone getting onto a highway from an on ramp has the right of way no matter what's going on in the right hand lane they are merging into. This means if you're the driver in the right hand lane minding the traffic laws and driving 65 MPH there will be an idiot merging in front of you at 10 MPG and cutting you off.

Being a transplanted New Yorker, drivers like that would just get run off the road into a ditch ;D

A few things.

Just because your foot came off the accelerator does not mean in needs to go directly to the brake.

If you get passed on the right, you are wrong.

As Justin said, the tunnels around here suck. They all say maintain xx speed and don't change lanes. The HRBT says to do 55, so at the mouth of the tunnel, people brake to 35. Makes perfect sense.

TMO Supporting Vendors