The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stumbled on this- O2 sensor for cat delete

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Not sure if this would work in our car but it make logical sense that it would.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/evo-how-requests-questions-tips/215795-5-o2-cheater-non-fouler-how.html

I used these on my 350z when I was running high flow cats and they work pretty well. You notice they have different size openings on the drop in piece and you may need to play around with the sizes to get the one that will keep the check engine light from coming on.

Just seems to depend how sensitive the system is setup to be. Note - I have never used these on my Boss so not sure if they would work or what size insert would work.

See this thread and one of the threads linked inside it:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/2011-2014-mustangs-354/885301-spark-plug-foulers.html

Seems to be hit or miss - works for some people, not for others, depending on the brand of fouler, whether two are stacked or an angled one used, the rest of the exhaust, etc.

I did this on my Evo VIII RS and it worked, but the engine management and sensors on that vehicle are much less sophisticated than what is found on the Boss.

Unless you're trying to pass emissions, I'm not sure I would recommend it on the Boss.

Probably better (and safer) to live with the CEL and keep the wideband O2 sensors reading properly.

VTBoss302 said:
I did this on my Evo VIII RS and it worked, but the engine management and sensors on that vehicle are much less sophisticated than what is found on the Boss.

Unless you're trying to pass emissions, I'm not sure I would recommend it on the Boss.

Probably better (and safer) to live with the CEL and keep the wideband O2 sensors reading properly.

The O2 sensors before the cats are widebands.

The 02 sensors after the cats (the ones that would be screwed into the spark plug foulers) are just regular O2 sensors. Their only purpose is to monitor the performance of the cats and take the appropriate action (tripping a CEL or the cat protection program).

Rich_S said:
The O2 sensors before the cats are widebands.

The 02 sensors after the cats (the ones that would be screwed into the spark plug foulers) are just regular O2 sensors. Their only purpose is to monitor the performance of the cats and take the appropriate action (tripping a CEL or the cat protection program).

Ah, then please disregard what I wrote. :-[

I was thinking maybe it could be calibrated to our system, get the base line with a cat'ed boss and back it away until it was within tolerance, then locktite the threads. Could work but where would you get the reading. Do mv reading show up in the diag functions on the dash. I forgot the sequence to get there, I'll have to look for it.

TMO Supporting Vendors