The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Stumbled Upon a Surprise While Researching a Boss Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well, yes and no. The white Boss is quite a bit cheaper than the orange Boss for sale. The only difference is 7,000 miles. Does that constitute a price point difference of $4,000? And how can they not notice the difference in the two cars when they have two identical cars, save for color, for sale. Again, they'll go with plausible deniability all day, but the lack of OEM parts is a good strategy for lowballing the car.

A far as a warranty...I can't see how Ford would warranty a transmission that is not original equipment in the car.

As I get older and have less time to deal with car mechanical problems I see the logic of leaving a performance car as is from the factory.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
302BOB said:
I agree with you wanting a stock Boss...The CO Boss was 4 grand more for the color.. ;)

I talked to them for a bit in March, and I think they simply paid too much for the car... at auction....and they're just trying to recoup the cost on that one now. I think it's been on their lot since January or so. It was in good condition the first time I saw it, but the paint is getting scratched up a bit.

They have a number of nice cars there, but they also have a few that are a little rough. The white Boss is in good condition other than the changes that they don't really come right out and mention ::). They tried the typical dealerships games with me. Offering me $1,200 for my mainstream trade in and then telling me there is "conditioning charges" that they will have to pay prior to listing my car. It's hard to not cry BS on the old games.

They had a least five GTRs and probably over twenty EVOs, not to mention a number of Mercedes AMGs and a few old Porsches.

O, and I offered them $33,000 for the Boss without my trade and they didn't gasp, so yes there is definitely room in the price.

TMO Supporting Vendors