The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Styling, stripes, etc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In alot of cases when images of new cars first hit the web the styling gets bashed. As the Boss carried alot of new ques we got to witness this first hand. Invariably when the cars hit the street and people start to see them in person opinions change.

There seemed to be alot of folks saying that they were going to get white as it could be de-striped and would look almost like a GT. I wonder how many are still planning on this route or are choosing other colors but plan to get rid of the Boss hood and side stripes, paint the roof etc.?

I am going with maybe the loudest overall combo (Silver LS) but am curious to see who will be "de-bossifying" their car now that we've have some time to let the changes sink in and grow on us. Have your opinions changed since we first saw the releases? I know that seeing the cars in person was a big eye opener for me.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Mine will retain the decals in all their glory. Red + black decals.

I would strongly consider the Red + white decals if it weren't for the white roof; I don't feel like paying to have the roof painted red or vinyl'ed.

The decals are really part of the character of the car; deleting them to make it look like a regular GT may be stealthy, but considering this car costs another 10K over a GT, I don't want anyone confusing it.

I got more "comfortable" with the Laguna Seca design over time. I still haven't seen one in person. I'm sure you're right that they will turn heads and look good once people start seeing the cars on the street. I for one will not be making any exterior appearance mods. Performance mods on the other hand are another story ;D Already have some in route!

I will leave mine alone in appearance. Isn't that what makes the Boss stand out from the other stangs ? I don't understand people who want to de-stripe thier car. I will do some perfomance mods to mine.
Fred

The silver LS looks bad a$$ in person.

While I was originally not impressed with the white roof on the white striped cars I'm liking it more. I've seen a few on the road photos of the cars and it does not look as bad as I originally thought. Someone made the comment about people making their GT's look like the new Boss but doubted they would paint their roofs white. With that in mind I'm less likely to paint my roof blue so it's not mistaken with a copy. This photo convinced me not to paint the roof.

mump_1011_13_o2012_ford_mustang_boss_302kona_blue.jpg

5 DOT 0 said:
The silver LS looks bad a$$ in person.

While I was originally not impressed with the white roof on the white striped cars I'm liking it more. I've seen a few on the road photos of the cars and it does not look as bad as I originally thought. Someone made the comment about people making their GT's look like the new Boss but doubted they would paint their roofs white. With that in mind I'm less likely to paint my roof blue so it's not mistaken with a copy. This photo convinced me not to paint the roof.

mump_1011_13_o2012_ford_mustang_boss_302kona_blue.jpg
I love Kona Blue. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors