The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Suggestions: NT01, RS-4, MPS4s for Car Driven to and from HPDE Events

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
That's one great looking trailer and reasonably priced to boot.

The PS4S are good to and on the track. The wear isn't so bad either. I trailer the Boss now so after using up the current and spare set of PS4S I have, I have a set of RE71s I'm going to try out. So I'll be going from 300 to 200 UTQG.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Fortunately both the S-4s and the RE71rs come in a 305/19. The options are still a bit more limited for those folks running 19 inch rubber over the 18s, but more and more companies are starting to fill the void. For the guys with GTs and Boss 302s , switching to an 18 inch rim is still pretty beneficial in my mind, but that said as we see more performance vehicles come out with 19s, 20s and even 21s , this will likely change?

Now going ultra sticky Hoosier still has a lock on things ( unless you view getting a set of used Pirelli slicks ) for 19 inch tires, though Toyo does have RRs in a 295/19 size. BFG doesn't even have an R1 DOT slick in a 19. So depending on your level of aggression , gumballs are more limited than with the 18 inch sizes.

Not forgetting Nitto NT-01s or Toyo R888rs ( other 19 choices ) , but do not class these in with the gummy bears from Hoosier, BFG or Toyo RRs.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
As it is, I have to over inflate the tires a bit to get the jack under the side skirt on the 19 inch wheels and 305/30 tires. My car is lowered and those 18 make it awful hard to slide under even with a low profile jack under the car.

As it is, I have to over inflate the tires a bit to get the jack under the side skirt on the 19 inch wheels and 305/30 tires. My car is lowered and those 18 make it awful hard to slide under even with a low profile jack under the car.

I nailed together a couple of 2x4s and pull the car up on them to get the jack under it, seems easier than messing with pressures..also this

http://www.blacksheep-1.com/jackplates.html

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
I have a few 2x6 pieces of redwood laying around and will fashion up something or look into some of those Race Ramps. I will say that I'm amazed that at 35 psi it's a no-go but throw 2-3 more psi and no problemo. It's that close.

Thanks guys.

TymeSlayer

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
My wife's family all worked at Coors and although all retired, they can still get me any Coors/Miller products for $10 a case.
Perhaps I should start a sign-up sheet?

Duane Black

Curbs go brrrppp
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Durham, NC
There’s few drivers with your level of experience who will benefit from anytting more aggressive than an RS4, and many are suited for the Michelins. I made it to NASA DE4 before I moved off Michelins 220-300tw offerings

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Virginia
Something tells me RS4’s are in my near very future. Probably better money spent and will help keep things simple....mount up on the track wheels and head to the track. Maybe by the time I’m through the RS4’s I’ll have picked up more experience and move on to something with more grip and consider trailering. I may have made some friends at the track by then that would be happy to help get the car unloaded and loaded back up.

TMO Supporting Vendors