The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Summer tires getting less expensive?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just looking at TR today since I was reading about the RT615K+. Unfortunately it does not come in a size I would use on the Boss...275/35r18 is kinda short, no? Maybe not for tracking, though. I favor Thompson Speedway and the straight is not that long. Have to get to Palmer soon. Maybe if I finally find a cheap but fun manual DD to let my wife abuse at an autocross I will think about those tires then :)

Anyways, just looked at replacements for my Sport Comp 2's on my Nurburgrings (using 275/40r18). Prices have come down to the point where OEM sizing in the SC2's is lower than what I paid for the 18" set of tires. And now the Indy 500 tire looks like it performs a tad better and is waaaay less. $726/set in OEM sizing. $536/set in square 18"... Holy crap! Is it just the late summer affecting the prices or am I just behind the times here?

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Firestone&tireModel=Firehawk+Indy+500&frontTire=54WR9FHI5XL&rearTire=835WR9FHI5&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2012&autoModel=Mustang%20Boss%20302&autoModClar=

The SC2's for my GT350 are over $600 less today than the set I purchased last year. No complaints here. :)

Don't forget to use the Tire Rack link at the top of the page when ordering tires.

TMO Supporting Vendors