The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Summit Point - Main Track Vid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have another vid of Summit Point Main from this past weekend.

Had a small "incident" towards the end of the session on Saturday. Lets just say it might be time to install the MGW shifter that's been sitting in the basement for a year!

As for the vid, it was recorded using a GoPro 3 with an external mic taped around the tip of '13 GT500 muffler.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/-IlbtDEvnLs[/youtube]

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
F.D. Sako said:
I have another vid of Summit Point Main from this past weekend.

Had a small "incident" towards the end of the session on Saturday. Lets just say it might be time to install the MGW shifter that's been sitting in the basement for a year!

Had the same "Small Issue" at MMP on day two. In my case the guy behind me did not react. As he put it, "I let my foot off the gas and did not brake or steer, I should have". That cost me the deductable. :p

TMSBOSS said:
Had the same "Small Issue" at MMP on day two. In my case the guy behind me did not react. As he put it, "I let my foot off the gas and did not brake or steer, I should have". That cost me the deductable. :p

Ouch!
I was really thankful that the car behind me was further away. I could've ruined alot of people's weekend, since I shot across the track!

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
I had to watch that twice to see what happened... pretty clear on the 2nd viewing... Haven't done that yet, after seeing the results of 3-2 instead of 3-4, I might bump up the MGW shifter to my short list instead of the long list!

Nice driving otherwise though, love the external mic idea, I may have to try doing something like that soon

Interesting, same thing happened to me right there when Puffer was in the car with me, tried to go from 5th to 4th and grabbed 2nd.

TMO Supporting Vendors