The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Summit Point

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Hi,
I'll be at Summit Point this weekend (main course) with NASA. Fyi if anyone else is there. Can't miss my car from a mile away.

D

PJWANNABE said:
Have fun and watch out for deer! :eek:

5ucking deer! My Brother hit a deer early Sunday morning with his RX8 while we were on our way to a track day at Road Atlanta.
He's ok and the car is probably repairable, but there was no track day for him.

Hate 5ucking deer. Kill them all.

Sesshomurai

Thanks guys. Didn't hit any deer, but did hit something else on the way there. See if you can guess what it was and you win a prize.

roadkill.png

GA
Number23 said:
PJWANNABE said:

5ucking deer! My Brother hit a deer early Sunday morning with his RX8 while we were on our way to a track day at Road Atlanta.

I assume you have seen this video: http://youtu.be/n8FBxS-00xU

Yeah, I hit a deer in Ohio once at 70 MPH. What a mess.

Sesshomurai

Yes. I hit a dead racoon.

I'm driving down a two lane road at 45mph. I see this "lump" in the middle of the street and think Oh no!
I have a lowered car with a WC splitter and trans cooler. This could be bad. Get a little closer. It's black and white.
Oh crap, this could be really bad if its a skunk. what to do. on coming traffic. can I swerve into the gravel shoulder?!?
Its a fat one too. Not sure if it will make it under the car. brace for impact! THUD!!

PJWANNABE said:
Number23 said:
PJWANNABE said:

I assume you have seen this video: http://youtu.be/n8FBxS-00xU

Yeah, I hit a deer in Ohio once at 70 MPH. What a mess.

Yeah I saw that video. I've been to SP many times both as a spectator and for TDs. More than once I've seen a deer run across the track.

KILL ALL THE DEER!

Stopped by at summit point main circuit yesterday, saw a red boss 302 whooping corvette butt, forgot what class they were running.

Also, saw a legends race car... looked like a very fun race car, and easy to work on. Anyone have any experience with these?

Last time I was at summit point driving, last session of the day it was raining pretty good, and 3 deers ran across Shenandoah at once. good thing there was only 3 cars left and we were all pretty slow.

TMO Supporting Vendors