The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Supension Noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is a new a one for me. I tried to search this but could only find a control arm TSB and this does not fit that description exactly but maybe it is. I discovered this while backing out of the driveway and turning to the right only. At first it felt like I had slipped on some ice it kinda felt like it grabbed a little then went away and there was a noise associated with as well.

It only did this when it was very cold(freezing) and did not do it while driving forward in a circle left or right or backing and turning to the left.

I had this same sort of symptom with another car but in the rear and it was the bushings. Any Ideas?

That is a good possibility I suppose. I will see if can reproduce while braking if that changes anything.

Brandon302 said:
Completely stock or lowered? Either way I guess it would also be the end links in the rear.

All Stock. It really showed its head today considering it was 10 degrees. It's in front suspension only. I felt it this time while driving forward and turning left going in a circle. Since I was in a parking lot I was able to notice this. Feels like the wheels are binding up while moving forward.

I have a feeling this probably will fall under the lower control arm tsb.

TMO Supporting Vendors